Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to check how many games are on a wheel

extracampine

Bit of a daft question but I couln't work out how to do this; how do I find out how many games are on a wheel in HS? I thought that maybe by looking at the xml I could do it, though each game has a number of lines in the XML file and so I can't see any easy way to count them.

You scroll through the wheel and count them one at a time....nah just kidding ;)

You need to look into using the Rocketlauncher UI. You can select a system on the left panel, choose games on the right panel...you can then audit your games. It will tell you what you have and what is missing from the database .xml

I'm sure if you search youtube you'll find some guides to help you get a better understanding of how to use it

I usually trick the XML to do that. Maybe there is an easier way, but this takes only 5 secs.

Open the db in notepad++, search for *game name* and use the button to show all the results in the current document. You will see the results list showing up at the bottom. Select them all and copy paste them into a new notepad++ doc. You can clean the extra info vertically with ALT if want, but no need to. Scroll down to the bottom of the doc and check the line number to know the amount of game entries in the db. 

4 hours ago, Bungles said:

That they do.

Where is the common XML located? I'm a bit confused because I can find the XML files in both

C:\Emulation\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases  

and

C:\Emulation\Hyperspin\Databases

What's the difference between these? Doesn't look like they share an XML or does it?

Hyperspin and RL both have the capacity to do both display and launch files.

However if Rocketlauncher if set to have Hyperspin as its Front End, it will use the database files in Hyperspin.

Hyperspin\Databases\ should be the only databases you need to worry about.

That is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much!

One other question whilst someone knowledgeable is here - do you know how to set the MAME screen vertical & horizontal stretch settings across the board? I can do it for each game inidividually and it seems to remember them, but can't you alter a single file somewhere? I tried putting the video options into the default.cfg file in the MAME cfg folder, but that didn't seem to work. The text that seems to work in the individual game cfg files is:

<video>
            <target index="0" backdrops="1" overlays="0" bezels="0" cpanels="0" marquees="0" zoom="0" />
            <screen index="0" hstretch="1.016000" vstretch="0.948000" />
        </video>

Archived