Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Guest hellsing001

Hyperspin databases issues

Guest hellsing001   
Guest hellsing001

Can anyone explain why the xml database files have issues with certain symbols. For example the Super Nintendo xml file shows

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (USA)

it should read

I'm having to manually edit the files to fix them.

hellsing

Guest hellsing001   
Guest hellsing001

Yes the one from Sept 2017. Still has the above.

hellsing

There are special entities in xml that can't be written as plain text like & for the ampersand character. The one for apostrophe is really only needed when attributes use single quotes rather than double but HS and any xml parser will automatically translate the special entities into the normal character so there's no reason to edit them.

Guest hellsing001   
Guest hellsing001

OK - thanks for the explanation. I have noticed it does correct the text when it displays it.

hellsing

Can anyone explain why the xml database files have issues with certain symbols. For example the Super Nintendo xml file shows
it should read
I'm having to manually edit the files to fix them.
hellsing

Actually that’s exactly how it should be. The XML standard dictates that special characters should be replaced with their appropriate symbols.

Do not edit these out of the xmls or you will potentially break elements of your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro