Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Change Video snaps folder

StevieMac

Can someone please direct me to where to change the folder for where video snap vids are located?

I'm setting up on a Shield TV 16gb, I've changed the rom path to my external HD by changing e.g. NES System.ini but if I change the Default Video path in there it doesn't work.

So Can someone please tell me where to tell Hyperspin to locate the vid files for the games on an external drive?

rompath=/storage/48705CEA705CE06C/Emulators/Nintendo Entertainment System/roms

[video defaults]
path=/storage/48705CEA705CE06C/Emulators/Nintendo Entertainment System/vids

Thanks guys

You can't change that path on the shield. You may be best leaving your whole Hyperspin folder on the external drive.

the app should pick it up fine. No need to put anything directly on the Shield it's self other than some emulator assets.

i believe you can put emulator files inside the Android folder that gets created when you plug it in. So long as it follows the Shield folder structure 

In short you don't change it, the Media lives inside the Hyperspin/Media folder. Most of the stuff in the .ini file is ignored, I know it can be confusing at first. There are some threads in the forum about what they are for and how to set Hyperspin up.

Some friendly advice. I'd suggest you format your HDD as shared internal storage, before you get too carried away. It's going to wipe it clean BUT you'll have an easier time long term with this configuration.

Yeah I read through some of that stuff but as it didn't state where to change the folder to I thought I'd ask.
So you can't re direct it then?
Hmm yeah I did consider shared internal storage, but I didn't like not being able to edit the files on PC & having to go through network links etc. Is that how you've set yours up then?

Thanks for the reply, I've been watching your vids on the Amiga stuff so I'll be getting inot that later ha!

8 hours ago, StevieMac said:

Yeah I read through some of that stuff but as it didn't state where to change the folder to I thought I'd ask.
So you can't re direct it then?
Hmm yeah I did consider shared internal storage, but I didn't like not being able to edit the files on PC & having to go through network links etc. Is that how you've set yours up then?

Thanks for the reply, I've been watching your vids on the Amiga stuff so I'll be getting inot that later ha!

No worries. I had to ask questions when I was starting out, even though I had a working PC Hyperspin setup. Us Android users are a smaller part of the Hyperspin family, I think we need to stick together.

That's nice you've seen my Amiga videos, I'm glad it's inspiring you :) On my channel there are a couple of vids that vaguely talk about setting up Hyperspin. What the folders are for and how to connect to the STV from your PC over the network. I won't be doing videos for a bit BUT I really should do a more thorough job of explaining how to set it up.

I'd argue it's actually a very good idea to do shared internal storage (Thatman and I get on quite well, that's how he has his setup too btw). That 16GB of internal storage does not go very far, yes shared storage means the HDD is "married" to the STV but the pros outweigh the cons really. I've seen quite a few people have problems because they have the HDD as "portable".

I do more than just emulation. Kodi/SPMC can eat up a lot of that 16GB internal storage as your library grows with media. I also use Arc Browser alongside Hyperspin, it too eats up storage with artwork. I keep emulators installed on the 16GB internal storage. SPMC, Arc Browser etc. I move to the shared internal storage (i.e the USB HDD) through the settings>Apps part of the STV menu.

All the best with it, I look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Nah I've been on here a few years back when I started this on the PC but Hyperspin is always changeing so when you go back to try something new or fix something there's a load of new stuff to learn.

For now I'm going to get all the files I need & stick with the external HD, sort out the easy stuff first then see if it's all working. 

I'm not using my Shield for much else other than playing stuff off my NAS & streaming games from my PC & Hyperspin for my Oldschool games so I'm guessing I'll have enough space for all the vids I need.

It's a shame the external vids folder can't be implimented since the roms are so it can't be that hard to get in there?  Is there anyone I can sudgest it too?

As for the Amiga I'm a gamer from the eighties so Amiga is right up there but looking at your vids it's bit complicated to get the WHD loads working but I'll talk to you about that when I get there!

Thanks

Hey 'thatman84' I just saw your post above. 

You may be best leaving your whole Hyperspin folder on the external drive.

the app should pick it up fine. No need to put anything directly on the Shield it's self other than some emulator assets.

i believe you can put emulator files inside the Android folder that gets created when you plug it in. So long as it follows the Shield folder structure 

So if I put my Hyperspin folder in the root of an external drive (thats not mounted), when I boot the Shield will see it?

Yep so long as it's at the root and you don't have a Hyperspin folder on the internal storage.

in the guide I linked I'm sure it tells you the priority of where it looks.

also you can run it on a NAS but my little mycloud was a bit slow at loading so kept it on the Shield as I have the 500gb model

Ok so no Hyperspin folder on the Shield, just move that to the HD but keep the folder structure the same?  The the Android app on the shield will just find it on the External.
What USB slot does that need to be on?

I read/went through your tuts last night just skimmed over but I do remember seeing something about putting it on the NAS.

Archived