Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sega CD iso folder structure

StevieMac

Hi guys I just wanted to know if there was a specific way to put your iso roms?

I've got Sonic CD in my roms folder but it is in it's own folder called Sonic CD (USA)

Hyperspin/Emulators/roms/Sonic CD (USA)

Hyperspin won't see it unless I actually add Hyperspin/Emulators/roms/Sonic CD (USA) to the ini file. Which won't work if I have ore than one game.

If I put Hyperspin/Emulators/roms/ in the ini file it doesn't see any game.

So do you guys just have all your CD games in one folder with the all the iso files & wav files etc or do you have a seperate folder per game?

If a folder per game how do you get Hyperspin to see them?

This is just to see the games match the vids in Hyperspin I'm not on the headache of loading them yet.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, agent47 said:

I'm pretty sure I remember @thatman84 telling me you can't use subfolders on Android.

Directly you cant but there is a solid workaround. You have to edit the xml and then put all media (box, wheel vids etc) into subfolders also.

@StevieMac read this 

its a fairly simple fix. There's a files into folders program floating about in the 3rd party section iirc or it's in EmuMovies app section. Or just do the zip/unzip trick on the media

I did a video about ScummVM using this "trick". That's how Thatman knows about the media having to be in folders. If you want to use unique game themes with this "trick", these zips also need their own folders within the themes folder. I'll link the video I did (hopefully from the 1:50 mark) maybe seeing it will help, there's a pinned comment with a link to useful software thanks to Thatman

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:
1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Directly you cant but there is a solid workaround. You have to edit the xml and then put all media (box, wheel vids etc) into subfolders also.

@StevieMac read this 

its a fairly simple fix. There's a files into folders program floating about in the 3rd party section iirc or it's in EmuMovies app section. Or just do the zip/unzip trick on the media

Simple fix? Don't forget about the filters in the .ini file dude. It MUST be set to "roms only=false" and so everything from the database will show on the Sega CD wheel. Not a problem if the OP is doing the lot BUT if he only wants to do a few games, the Sega CD.xml will need trimming down. It's a fair bit of faff, I hope the video I did for ScummVM helps him along. Obviously he'd use .cue as the extension not .scummvm but he should get the idea hopefully.

11 minutes ago, StevieMac said:

Thanks guys I'll give this a go when I can. 

Thanks for the help as always. 

Steve

No worries.

It's not a headache to play the games. I use the "genesis_plus_gx" retroarch core. It will need bios files, you'll have to sort those out. Personally I put them in a BIOS folder in my Roms folder and point Retroarch to it.

All the best with it

Honosuseri is this the same way to lay our for Scumm then?

Are you using ScummVM, DOSBox or IBM or something else in the end for Monkey Island etc?

Just wanted to know what was the best one to use on Android as I used ScummVM on my PC Hyperspin build.

Just did what you guys said for Sega CD & it worked. Nice one. So folders are now showing the vids & games together.

Steve

Can someone put up the folder sctructure for the box art. Ive tried a few times & can't work out where to put it?

Hyperspin\Media\Sega CD\Themes\Sonic CD (USA)\Sonic CD.zip

or

Hyperspin\Media\Sega CD\Images\Artwork2\Sonic CD (USA)\Sonic CD.zip or jpg

Thanks

Depends on your default.zip theme.

The theme.xml in that theme will tell you what artwork is used for box/cd

Usuall Artwork 3 for box and Artwork 4 for carts. 

So your boxes would normally go in Media/Sega CD/Images/Artwork3/Gamename/gamename.png

Png only iirc

If you have game themes they would go

Media/Sega CD/Themes/Gamename/gamename.zip

Hope that helps

Yup I've done it the way we discussed above for individual in folders ISO's

Hyperspin\Media\Sega CD\Themes\Sonic CD (USA)\Sonic CD (USA).zip
In that zip is the whole theme Artwork1-3 Theme.xml etc
It's the standard Sega CD theme so the box art is Artwork 2 (thats where the 'Place Box art here' is)

So I'm lost really as it works with ScummVM but not this.

No my fault probably at the mo I only have or want one game on Mega CD which is Sonic CD.
So in
Hyperspin\Media\Sega Mega CD\Themes
I have the folder Sonic CD (USA) with a theme inside that folder called Sonic CD (USA).zip

Hyperspin\Media\Sega Mega CD\Themes\Sonic CD (USA) - Sonic CD (USA).zip

Inside that zip is the Theme.xml & Artwork1 Artwork2  etc

So I guess thats one theme per game right?

Ok yeah if its only one game.

Normally if you want the same theme for every game you have a default.zip placed in the Themes folder for Sega CD

The theme zip can have up to 4 artworks plus video image inside. Usually just 2 are used on a "System default" theme, Artwork1.png and Artwork2.png

Then in the Theme.xml it tells Hyperspin where on the screen to place them and what animation and timing to use.

If your Sega CD.zip has Artwork1&2 png files then for it to display box/disc art your theme.xml should have a line for all Artworks1-4.

If it only has lines for Artwork1&2 then it does not support boxs

Link me the file or upload it in your next post.

It is possible the position of the artwork is not visible on the screen

Right got it working!!!!!

It need to be in Artwork2 but within the .zip file in Theme. So I had it right as

\Hyperspin\Media\Sega Mega CD\Themes -
Sonic CD (USA).zip     containing - Artwork2.jpg

BUTTTTTTT the reason it wasn't working was because it has to be a feckiing .png!!!!!!! I had .jpg  grrrrrrr

Thanks for the help mate it's been driving me nuts all week!!!!

Archived