Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Can’t get Reicast to launch in hyperspin

thenoob

Hey everyone

having problems with reicast.  It’s working fine in Reicast stand alone, but when I launch it in HS, no dice I get a 

“Attempting to launch missing rom“

from what I see my Ini looks fine, I’ve got gdi in there as an extension. All my games are unzipped in their own game folders, matching the XML.  It’s just carried over from my exsisting HS setup on my pc.

version I’m using is the current version of Reicast for download 

version R6.

gotta be a simple fix?

image.jpg

That sounds like a very long conversion process

I just went through that process and i had to use the chdman that has v4 support. I tried the newer chdman and the version of reicast that i use didn’t seem to like them! You can download the chdman from The Killer Instinct Project website. You can also write a quick batch/cmd file on Windows to go through all of your gdi folders to convert them to chd..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What I mean is I know how to do a batch file extension change using cmd line but does that work or does the gdi have to be actually converted  through a software process?

all of my dc games are in their roms folder but obviously every game has its own subfolder 

I done the full set on an i3 laptop in about 24hrs maybe 30 iirc.

missing rom error is not an issue with reicast but your Sega Dreamcast.ini

CHD is the way to go imo but still need to fix that missing rom error.

double check capitalisation in the path no subfolders. See the pinned posts for details.

chd conversion needs v4 Chenab from MAME and the batch file in the same folder as roms..

i should do that guide actually.

What I mean is I know how to do a batch file extension change using cmd line but does that work or does the gdi have to be actually converted  through a software process?
all of my dc games are in their roms folder but obviously every game has its own subfolder 

I PM’ed you some instructions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the detailed info

i don’t think I have room on the Shield to make duplicate and then delete the gdi if I’m understanding it correctly, also don’t know how to dedicate a drive letter to a folder.

your instructions are awesome tho, you obviously know what you are doing.  Too bad we couldn’t get a super dumbed down rocket launcher for android lol.  I’ll try and digest what yo are suggesting.

a YouTube video would be slamming!!  Thanks for all your help!!

Archived