Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How do you remove the joystick image???

swurver

It's just a case of either deleting the special art from the below folders.

\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Images\Special 

\Hyperspin\Media\"system name"\Images\Special

OR 

In HyperHQ under wheel settings, special art untick 'enable'

I forget which A, B or C correspond to but it should be easy enough to work out.

I’m using a Sield TV, so to use Hyper HQ to make the changes should I just copy the Hyperspin folder from the Shield’s internal storage, open Hyper HQ on my PC, make the changes & put everything back into the Sield’s internal storage? I.e. no way to run Hyper HQ within the Shield’s internal Hyperspin folder while already installed on the device...Same thing with the 3rd party apps...just move the folder back and forth from Shield & PC to make the necessary changes using the available apps on the site?  Thanks for your help!!!  This is definitely a project!!!

1 minute ago, swurver said:

Was able to smb into the Shield TV and run HyperHQ on my Mac and all the changes were made successfully!!!  No more joystick on the main menu nor in any of the systems!!!

Great to hear! 

Good to know that works.

1 hour ago, swurver said:

Was able to smb into the Shield TV and run HyperHQ on my Mac and all the changes were made successfully!!!  No more joystick on the main menu nor in any of the systems!!!

That's very interesting. Can you write up how to do it please. Wish I knew that 2yrs ago :(

I followed this guide to set it up for my iMac...also has instructions for Windows (start at "Enable NVIDIA SHIELD Storage Access"):

https://support.plex.tv/articles/220347688-accessing-internal-storage/

If you connect/reconnect an external HDD, you have to turn "Over local network" off then immediately back on(only if you connect and reconnect an external HDD) before attempting to connect.  I also made sure to go into my Mac's System Preferences-Sharing-Options-Check the box next to Share files and folders using SMB (not sure if this is truly necessary or not).  Great way to transfer back and forth from the Shield and Mac/PC.  Finally get to give back after everyone's wonderful help.  Thanks for your patience as I get all of this set up correctly!!!

My Hyperspin folder is installed internally on my Shield.  Being on a MAC, I had to have Windows Parallels installed in order to run the HyperHQ.exe file that is located on my internal storage of my Shield.  I double-clicked the HyperHQ.exe file located inside the Shield and it opened in Parallels just fine and saved all of the changes I made.  If you're using a PC, it should work fine.  Hope this all makes sense!!!

Archived