Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sega Dreamcast

swurver

I want to tackle setting up the Dreamcast next, but wanted to get some input first.  Is it worth it?  Are all the games playable or is the system very hit or miss and a lot of effort it seems to get working...I tried a little bit already with reicast but can’t get Roms to run...only trying gdi flies by themselves, no tracks or bins. I’m on a Mac and the gditochd programs aren’t working through Windows Parallels therefore I can’t get chd files.  I also have the Dreamcast BIOS files in the right folder.  Game just boots to reicast and won’t run and gives me a menu with bios and rom name in reicast. Also tried running the bios to set the time, but the controller was unresponsive.

Nope...because of the way Parallels uses virtual file paths, cgitochd sees every path I try as invalid as it is preprogrammed with specific input & output file paths based around Windows...ugh!!!  I’ve searched everywhere for a way to do it on the Mac but have come up empty handed.

Thanks for referring me to that link...was able to get it solved!!!  Needed a version of the batch program and had to use the C: drive through Parallels to do the batch conversions...it's all over there if anyone needs it... :)

Glad you got it sorted

If you would be so kind as to update your 1st post with the link and maybe the text from the batch script you used, that would help any newcomers greatly.

I have been meaning to write it up but to many plates to spin right now lol

Archived