Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Boot straight into game

BlackWidow

After launching Hyperspin I want to boot straight into a MAME game via Rocketlauncher. 
When I exit the game I then want it to come back into Hypespin and not just windows, otherwise I would just use a command line switch with MAME.
I'm guessing it's something in the Startup/Exit options in HyperHQ, but I have been unable to find a solution?
Does anyone know how to do it?

Many thanks

You boot the game via Rocketlauncher you say.

Would not one think that when exiting the game it might also have something do with your launcher and not front end.

Maybe if there was a UI.exe for your launcher to investigate the settings for your Mame.

Even then setting an option of sorts of what to do when exiting a game, in regards to Hyperspin as your Default and Active Front End.

And if Sarcasm is lost.

Picture!
image.png.bd10862484d5d5e93be47ea42dde1853.png

As for Launching MAME and then having it skip any boot messages and/or wait until loaded to show visuals.. that's another story, and a whole lot more pictures.

Your reply was like a footnote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;-)

But it did sort of throw me in the right direction and I got it working.

In the HyperHQ startup options I linked to a bat file I created with the following:

start D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "Daphne" "lair"

Thought Dragon's Lair was a nice attract screen, as opposed to a MAME game.

So, yeah, thanks I guess, Ford Prefect! :)

On 3/5/2018 at 6:34 AM, BlackWidow said:

Your reply was like a footnote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;-)

But it did sort of throw me in the right direction and I got it working.

In the HyperHQ startup options I linked to a bat file I created with the following:

start D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "Daphne" "lair"

Thought Dragon's Lair was a nice attract screen, as opposed to a MAME game.

So, yeah, thanks I guess, Ford Prefect! :)

This is an interesting idea... how did you get around HyperSpin still loading in the background and playing sounds/music for the main wheel theme it starts on?

3 hours ago, griffin518 said:

This is an interesting idea... how did you get around HyperSpin still loading in the background and playing sounds/music for the main wheel theme it starts on?

I've got attract mode and wheel sounds disabled in HyperSpin, so all you see is the wheel pointing to Daphne for a second before it launches Dragon's Lair.

You need to have Daphne as the first entry in your Hyperspin main wheel XMl file, and "Use Last System" unchecked in HyperHQ.

I haven't worked out how to hide the HyperSpin wheel yet, but you only see it sitting on Daphne for a second before it launches Dragon's Lair, so it's not too bad.

Archived