Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Psx Roms Not Loading

krisgmail

I am running Hyperspin on an Nvidia Sheild Tablet and have been able to setup most systems with RetroArch. However when I try to load PSX roms,  Hyperspin always says the rom is missing deapite it being in the correct folder and named properly. I've tried loading the roms in RetroArch alone just to make sure they work and they do. I've even loaded wheel art for the PSX wheel with no problems. Everything seems correct but roms on the Playstation wheel won't load. 

Hi,

Check you have downloaded the correct core on RetroArch. Also check that the core is also set correctly in your settings file and your path is correct.

Also load core in RetroArch and check information to see if any bios is required.

And then check that you have also pointed to your system folder within RetroArch with your bios files inside.

Good luck :)

5 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Hi,

Check you have downloaded the correct core on RetroArch. Also check that the core is also set correctly in your settings file and your path is correct.

Also load core in RetroArch and check information to see if any bios is required.

And then check that you have also pointed to your system folder within RetroArch with your bios files inside.

Good luck :)

The roms load in RetroArch fine on their own the issue seems to be with Hyperspin thinking the roms are missing.  Like I said I've made sure they are in the right folder and named correctly. 

If all was correct they would load.

Check extensions in settings and also path and core are correct.

If you have all that correct and still not working then no idea.

I have PS1 working fine on NVS running off external drive, so I know it works.

You don't have your games in folders do you ?

You should have the corresponding .cue sheet file afaik. But it's odd that loads fine in Retroarch.

depending on what core your using you normally put your BIOS files in the "system" folder of Retroarch.

load up your core (pcsxrearmed)  and navigate to main menu->Information-Core Information. That will tell you what bios files are needed and if you have them. They are optional for pcsxrearmed.

in your settings .ini file for PlayStation (Hyperspin/Settings) add BIN and bin to your Rome extensions line. Along with cue and CUE that should get you a further but I am sure you need a cue per game.

• 1 year later...

Archived