Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Arcade buttons with XBOX 360 / Controller input ?

Creezz67

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any arcade buttons you can get that has an xbox 360,PS3 usb controller input connector with them ?

I am thinking of the equivalent of a Mayflash arcade stick/ Venom arcade stick that allows you to connect controller into the back and then remaps buttons to this controller.

You could literally strip out the mayflash arcade stick and use buttons/wiring on an arcade machine and then plug usb into PC, that's the reason for the question to see if there is already a set you can purchase.

Reason to ask is simply because my whole setup is via an xbox 360 controller currently and it would be very useful not to have to remap them all for an arcade machine.

Any info appreciated.

7 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

You could literally strip out the mayflash arcade stick and use buttons/wiring on an arcade machine and then plug usb into PC,

what exactly do you think a joystick encoder is??

7 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Reason to ask is simply because my whole setup is via an xbox 360 controller currently and it would be very useful not to have to remap them all for an arcade machine.

windows sees your 360 controller as a joystick with button numbers

example 

Button 1 = b

Button 2 = a

Button 3 = x

Button 4 = Y

ect

this is an image for the One controller but you get the idea

xbox_streaming_-_game_controllers.png?it

if you connect a PS/360 controller to your PC and map all your button numbers to the corresponding letter similar to this

UsingAnXboxController01.jpg

you can buy any generic joystick encoder and wire the button number to your preferred key.

that is what I did because of Pinball FX2

example using this picture

Pinball FX2 uses Left and Right shoulder buttons for the flippers :

L Flipper key was wired to button 3 input in the joystick encoder

R Flipper key was wired to button 4 input in the joystick encoder

I did not have to use an external program to remap the keys because my button wiring matched the 360 controller layout

Yes, I know I can do this, but I was just seeing if anyone knew of an encoder and buttons pack with optional controller connection like on Mayflash Joystick.

By the sound of it this seems the easiest way to just re-wire connections to the corresponding inputs of the controller.

Thanks for detailed info, very useful.

Archived