Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

working machines in xml for MAME?

Peliculon

Hey guys, im creating MAME 0.195 xml list. The MAMEUI shows that there are 12115 working machines. I thought all of them would be games, but the truth is that not all are games, a lot of them are like old computers emulators (i.e., zx80, alice, a2600, hec2mx40, apple2, etc.).

So my question is:

It should be put this on the list or not (to appear in the HyperSpin wheel)?

Another question:

Just go to imagine that im put all this old software in to the xml list (because this software are working). Exist something, some tool or program, for kick out (easy and faster) all this software from the xml list?

@phulshof I find your's xml in this thread, thanks a lot! :good:

I just took your xml ( mame.xml ) and i made some modifications, you can see here in this file: MAME.7z

I use Nvidia Shield TV, so if the description are not in alphabetical order into the xml, then the wheel in HyperSpin goes crazy.

You saved me a lot of timeI, because I was editing mame.list with a text editor calls Sublimetext2 lol. Yeah, I know, but after all i finded funny challenge myself to modify xml´s in record time with just a text editor haha :special: (but to be honest, the text editors need add extra advanced replace options when you want replace something, because i can't clean that's olds software machines to the selected text). So thank's :)

Btw, your xml had duplicates 2 indexes: letters b and h (In your zip: MAME 0.195/mame.xml).

On 3/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Peliculon said:

Btw, your xml had duplicates 2 indexes: letters b and h (In your zip: MAME 0.195/mame.xml).

I've updated my code to capitalize the first letter of the descriptions. That should prevent this issue in the future. 0.196 shouldn't show this problem anymore. :)

55 minutes ago, phulshof said:

I've updated my code to capitalize the first letter of the descriptions. That should prevent this issue in the future. 0.196 shouldn't show this problem anymore. :)

Nice :good:

Yeah, I remember that letters B and H was duplicate in uppercase and lowercase (B,b,H,h).

Archived