Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Turbografx 16. add jap games to the xml file

menacegtr

Hi to you all again. All my problems so far have been fixed as a result of coming here, so i thought i would ask about my Turbografx 16. I have the full usa rom set but i would like to add some jap games that i would love to play like Gradius jad version. Is there a way i could do this easily,  can you have a mixture of usa and jap games together? Don't forget i am a complete noob into messing with files. If it is a whole heap of trouble please say and i will forget it. If it is possible can you please advise exactly how to do this.  I apologise if this has been asked before. Thanks for any help

Dave

Ok thanks for that, can I get that from here and do I need to set up a jap pc engine to play my roms or can it just work with the database I have already after I have got the pc engine database. Sorry in other words can I put both database's in the same folder.?

https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/category/1015-databases-xml/

You can either set up PC Engine as its own system or open the PC engine XML file and coipy and paste what ever games entries from there into your Turbo grafx xml file

For example you'd copy this:

<game name="Gradius (Japan)" index="" image="">
        <description>Gradius (Japan)</description>
        <cloneof></cloneof>
        <crc>0517DA65</crc>
        <manufacturer>Konami</manufacturer>
        <year>1991</year>
        <genre>Shooter</genre>
        <rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
        <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    </game>

to your turbografx database

Bless you. I will give that a try and report back. One thing do i have to supply all the relevant data such as the year and so on. I know the name has to be correct but what about clone and so on, how did you get the info you have supplied me. If i want to add more roms is it just a case of changing the rom name to the one i want to put in Thanks for your help

Dave

Yes thanks for that, i just noticed the link you supplied. Tell me please, is it best to just copy and paste the games i want into my US version database, or can i put the pc engine database in its own folder? I don't plan on having a seperate pc engine setup. Again, thanks for all your help

Dave

That's great, thanks for that. One more thing on this matter. Will i still be able to put jap box art in same folder as were the US  stuff goes, in the  Images folder, and jap videos in videos folder so i still get a working wheel with the main US games and a few of the jap games i want to add to the wheel. Would be nice to see the cart art and a video. Cheers my friend

Dave

Thanks, works great. Not tried doing the art or videos yet, will do in a bit. I asked this question yesterday but no one has replied yet. Hope you might be able to help me. I asked

I have another little niggle with the turbografx 16 in Hyperspin. When I launch from the magic engine emulator, it works fine, the right mouse button enables you to config the emu, adjust all video setting, scanlines and so on. Now when I launch through Hyperspin it loads games no problem, but when I press right mouse button to config the games, it goes straight back into the hyperspin  turbografx menu wheel. How can I get around this, with little knowledge of hyperspin i am a little stuck

That was the question i asked. I cannot configure the games video setting because magic engine goes to config each game with the right mouse button, so every time i do that it takes me back to hyperspin. Have you any idea?

Dave

To be honest I do not use Magic Engine, I use retroarch with the mednafen core.

However youi can go into global settings for the magic engine module (assuming you are using rocketlauncher) and adjust settings there

You might have better luck asking the question on the rocketlauncher forum

Archived