Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

noah

playing on the tv

I'm doing it via Steam Link, but it's really a pain in the ass.

RocketLauncher does something that breaks Steam's capture handler.  That causes a few compatibility problems, but in particular it can't do Xinput passthrough (really really a pain for a bunch of games, especially if you want to do multiplayer) and can't do things like Steam Overlay (nice if you want to do things like have the ability to always force quit the game in case of problems, etc)

Definitely way less problems direct connected to TV, but I can at least get streaming with Steam Link to work...okay overall.

1 hour ago, Cacafuego said:

I'm doing it via Steam Link, but it's really a pain in the ass.

RocketLauncher does something that breaks Steam's capture handler.  That causes a few compatibility problems, but in particular it can't do Xinput passthrough (really really a pain for a bunch of games, especially if you want to do multiplayer) and can't do things like Steam Overlay (nice if you want to do things like have the ability to always force quit the game in case of problems, etc)

Definitely way less problems direct connected to TV, but I can at least get streaming with Steam Link to work...okay overall.

How did you go about getting controllers setup? Assign to keyboard and then back to buttons through steam controller profile? That's the only way I could see to do it and it's a little painful.