Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin Controls on Nvidia Shield

nrapley

Hi All, this is hopefully an easy question, I'm using HyperSpin on my Shield and I want to be able to use the X an Y buttons to view Genres and Favorites in the wheels, however I can't see how to change the button mapping. I can see the section in the settings file, but it references button numbers and how do I know which button on the controller is which number? At the moment both B and Y are 'back/exit' and both A and X are 'select/enter" although they are mapped to different key numbers in the setting file? 

Attached is my current settings.ini

Thanks

Nigel

Settings.ini

Have a look at Arc Browser Nigel as it supports favourites and genres. It does cost money but is a nice frontend. The dev is constantly improving it and does listen to feature requests, I use it alongside Hyperspin.

HS is the party piece to show off to friends BUT AB has some really cool features that make it more useful for day to day use. Like working with recommendations row on the STV home screen and it even supports voice search. So you can say "Mario" and it will show all the Mario games you have added into it's library from all the different systems.

What's really slick is if you use Kodi (SPMC) as well. If I say "Robocop" the STV shows me the movies I have in the SPMC library but also the games I have across the different systems via Arc Browser.

23 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Those 2 features a super slick, remember watching that video of yours. Nearly got me to set it up! Just don't have time for another FE ?

Yeah sadly that video is gone now. My Hyperspin library is larger than AB as I haven't added everything in yet (just what I commonly play).

It's not hard to setup, he makes templates for most systems and it's easy enough to make others. It can scrape for artwork and metadata, he also has video previews on the to do list. I have been asking him to look over how he implements custom artwork, other customers have too. Would be great if I could just point it to the HS media and use that rather than doubling up artwork.

I thought that might be the case, thanks for the info! I already have Arc Browser installed and have added most of my games to it, I like it but have spent most of my time in Hyperspin. I also have Retrox installed which I really like, it’s so easy to use, the guy who made it put together customised emulator installs that the app automatically downloads the first time you try to run a game that needs that emulator, so even a complete beginner can run games without having to know anything about setting up emulators.

Archived