Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Building a "Super Nintendo" with Dolphin Bar.

Honosuseri

On 5/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Grrrrallye said:

So shiny new 2.5 drive and caddy turned up yesterday.

I now have to backup my drive following Hono's notes that he left me.

Uh oh! ;)

Killing the power isn't a good idea really. Any experienced RPI owner will tell you that, as it can lead to files getting corrupted. 

However... If you power down the STV correctly the "kill switch" might be more convenient than flicking the switch at the wall socket to power it back on. On your STV, I'm fairly certain the shutdown command is "hidden" in settings/about from the STV dashboard. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Grrrrallye said:

OK so how do i add a video guys? I have tried to upload to photo bucket to link, but it has uploaded but not shown in from PB

Youtube is the obvious answer mush . Just paste the link and it will show and play directly in this thread

• 1 month later...

Just to keep you all in the loop. The project is still on going!

I recently returned to the UK, Grrrrallye in fact collected me from the airport! I did offer to do the data migration for him to the smaller 2.5 inch drive BUT he's determined to do it himself. I'm fairly certain the Hyperspin folder has been completely backed up. The 3.5 inch SSHD needs to be "forgotten" and the new 2.5 inch Firecuda "adopted" and the content copied back across...then testing can begin.

Just a matter of time folks! I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed :)

• 1 month later...

Clicked Super like before even pressing play on the video :P

Just for other users to be aware. Powering off the system by the button is NOT a good idea. The STV needs to be shutdown via the settings>about menu. If you just kill the power, the next boot the STV will want to scan the HDD for errors before you can access it and that will take quite sometime.

It's awesome for powering the NES (Nintendo Entertainment Shield TV) on though!

3 minutes ago, Grrrrallye said:

I just need to make it all work again now though!! lol

I have PM'd you in the Amiga convo you're a part of.

It's totally worth documenting everything here though as you go. Not only does it help other users but you can come back yourself when you've forgotten stuff down the road. You wouldn't believe how many times I've googled something only to find myself giving the answer from previous replies ;)

1 minute ago, Grrrrallye said:

Hmmmm, looks like im missing a large number of ROMs, several EMU and a whole lot of setup.

Looks like i will be on here a whole lot!

As I said, it's possible stuff did not transfer over FTP with Filezilla. It can freak out with large transfers, so you have to do it gradually. It actually states if there are failed transfers in the footer, you have to keep an eye on it.

I know. I kept an eye on that folder and any that were missed i re ran.

somewhere in the region of 240k files.

I have lost emulators as well, but though that they were all on the SHIELD itself. MAME for example is missing 

I had to reiinstall UAE but that appears to be working now.

More work for later in the week me thinks

8 minutes ago, Grrrrallye said:

I know. I kept an eye on that folder and any that were missed i re ran.

somewhere in the region of 240k files.

I have lost emulators as well, but though that they were all on the SHIELD itself. MAME for example is missing 

I had to reiinstall UAE but that appears to be working now.

More work for later in the week me thinks

Uae4arm you have to use an older beta build the latest version does NOT run or crashes on the STV currently, the dev is aware.

I should really do a list of what I use for what in my Hono's Shield TV setup thread. More often than not I use Retroarch but I should list the cores and the standalone EMUs I do use

Yeees. I had a hand in it, bailing my good friend out! Felt gutted for him that it borked when he tried migrating to the 2.5 inch drive. 

I think this project is incredibly cool. Yes people have built a PC inside these cases BUT it's not cost effective really and at best you'll only fit a half height 1050Ti GPU. 

With the changes to Geforce Now, we can actually log into Steam etc. and play our PC games at a higher fidelity than a 1050Ti can do. Stuffing the STV in there was a stroke of genius!

Nooo, I won't be doing this for anyone else. So please don't message me requesting it. Grrrrallye's not a "friend", we are school pals who are now well into our 30's! 

We will however answer your questions. I do my best to do that in any thread anyway. I look forward to seeing this project progress even further :)

Archived