Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin & reicast (nightly)

slikone27

I have tried almost every nightly from 7/24/14 to the newest and not matter what I do hyperspin will only launch the bios with no game inserted... Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  All paths and settings are correct according to instructions.  I can load the games directly from reicast but no dice with hyperspin opening them.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Here's a portion of my Settings file for "Sega Dreamcast.ini":

[exe info]
path=
rompath=Emulators/Sega Dreamcast/roms
userompath=true
exe=com.reicast.emulator/com.reicast.emulator.MainActivity
romextension=chd,gdi,cdi
parameters=
searchsubfolders=false
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

At the root of my "internal storage," I also have the reicast\data folder where I placed the bios files named appropriately.

I also had to convert all of my disc images to CHD for it to work properly. Maybe this is the piece that you are missing?

I am trying to run chdman with:

chdman createcd -i "Aqua GT (Europe).cdi" -o "Aqua GT (Europe).cdh"

and getting this:

chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.147 (Sep 17 2012)
Output CHD:   Aqua GT (Europe).cdh
Input file:   Aqua GT (Europe).cdi
Input tracks: 0
Input length: 00:00:00
Compression:  cdlz (CD LZMA), cdzl (CD Deflate), cdfl (CD FLAC)
Logical size: 0
Error creating CHD file (Aqua GT (Europe).cdh): file not writeable

Am I doing something wrong with the command?  Thanks

Ah, I looked at all of my zips and they are all GDI which I used the above command to convert them to CHD. Sorry about the confusion. 

I also noticed you're using a newer version of chdman. I can't remember which one doesn't work but this is the version I used below.

chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.140 (Oct 21 2010)

When you run chdman without arguments, mine only lists toc/cue/gdi as possible conversions to CHD with the -createcd option.

Here's the exact commandline from my script that I use. Keep in mind that the !values! are variables as it parsed the folder structure to convert all of mine to CHD..

"!scriptdir!chdman.exe" -createcd "!scriptdir!!folder!\!gdi_file!.gdi" "!scriptdir!!gdi_file!.chd"

When using CHDMAN 0.140, here is the syntax which doesn't require the -i or -o; but note that they need to be in toc/cue/gdi format. Not CDI. It has been a long time since I converted them. For the ones I had that were CDI, i think I had to convert them using another program first; maybe something with Nero's nrg format.. I'll have to see if I can find some of my other scripts that I used to see what I was doing to refresh my memory!

chdman -createcd input.(toc/cue/gdi) output.chd

On 6/21/2018 at 2:25 AM, thatman84 said:

I also converted my games to chd but be sure tp use an older version of mame chdman to do it.

Chdv4 is what reicast can read but recent mame is on chdv5

I believe .147 is v4

I have a text file in the Android Base Pack download

In the setup notes it says:

-BIOS files required
-CDi format games are preferred for Android

Does CDI not work and CDH is needed for autoplay from Hyperspin? Thanks!

1 minute ago, slikone27 said:

In the setup notes it says:

-BIOS files required
-CDi format games are preferred for Android

Does CDI not work and CDH is needed for autoplay from Hyperspin? Thanks!

Also I did:

9. Set the DATE correct & the TIME to 5MINS before current time

And it keeps setting it to the right time.  Would this keep it from launching as well?

3 hours ago, slikone27 said:

Thanks!  So CDI def wont work right?  They need to be CDH for it to autoplay?  I did try with a GDI as well and that didnt work with the same error.

I'm not sure why you are having issues converting GDI to CHD. Please make sure you are converting to CHD extension! You keep saying CDH, but it is CHD. I just tested a conversion with the command I provided earlier and it worked fine for me. I have included a screenshot below. Also make sure you are in a folder that you have write access to. I created a folder C:\Temp\test and put the GDI and associated track files along with chdman 0.140. If you can't find chdman 0.140, let me know and I'll send you a link. There is a Killer Instinct Project site that has it readily available. Also make sure your settings file for "Sega Dreamcast.ini" has the chd rom extension added to the list.

convert.png

[exe info]
path=
rompath=Emulators/Sega Dreamcast/roms
userompath=true
romextension=chd,gdi,cdi
parameters=
searchsubfolders=false
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, slikone27 said:

Thanks!  So CDI def wont work right?  They need to be CDH for it to autoplay?  I did try with a GDI as well and that didnt work with the same error.

I'm signed up as a beta tester for Reicast, so they push out the latest dev builds to my Android devices. Both .cdi and .gdi work fine for me, I haven't got around to converting them to CHD. I'll provide a snippet from my ini file below

[exe info]
path=
rompath=/storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin/Roms/Sega Dreamcast
userompath=true
romextension=cdi,gdi
parameters=
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=false
winstate=NORMAL
hyperlaunch=true

[filters]