Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin crashes often.. (Nvidia Shield TV)

DJEmergency

Hello,

I'm having issues with Hyperspin crashing often on my Shield TV. Sometimes when going to MAME and Dreamcast on the wheel it would freeze and crash. I can't figure out what's going on... I've included a video to show you what's happening.

Don't take this the wrong way BUT has it ever worked properly? You're not providing much information for us to help you.

My initial gut feeling is an issue with your database files for the systems. If you use unique themes for games these can also cause problems as the swf files aren't compatible on Android.

4 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Don't take this the wrong way BUT has it ever worked properly? You're not providing much information for us to help you.

My initial gut feeling is an issue with your database files for the systems. If you use unique themes for games these can also cause problems as the swf files aren't compatible on Android.

I've always had crashing problems since I started using it.. I got my files from the link below and placed my roms, images, and videos in the right locations. Thank you for your help.

No worries, us Android users have to stick together being a smaller part of the Hyperspin family. I didn't use that Starter Pack BUT I can see it was done by Thatman. I know him quite well, he'll know more about what's included than me and he's usually pretty rapid at providing assistance on here.

Is it just Mame and Dreamcast that cause the crashes? I'm sure we'll figure this out eventually, I'll attach a copy of my Dreamcast.ini file (lives in the settings_android folder) you can compare it to what you have.

Sega Dreamcast.ini

That is very odd, i'm away this weekend but this looks very much like the themes have gone wonky. 

I have the base pack on a usb stick will check it out.

It is only a conversion of the official PC Hyperspin release.

Thankyou for highlighting it :)

10 hours ago, thatman84 said:

That is very odd

Knew you'd soon be on the case ;)

I'm a little confused as to whether it's crashing as soon as the system is "highlighted" or actually selected. If it's crashing before being selected, then yes could well be the theme zip that is FUBAR. I'll attach what I use as it's a little different, seem to remember you saying you liked it. I know it works so the OP can try it and test.

@DJEmergency the zip I've attached must match how Dreamcast is named in your Main Menu.xml. It's probably fine as is, just an FYI to rename it if necessary.

Sega Dreamcast.zip

Archived