Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

ssf emulator and rocketlauncher

pac00zilla

There are a lot of information about it around. In Rocketlauncher you only will set daemon tools path, and use cue files to be loaded by the virtual drive so the emulator will load the game.

As an alternative, there's this plugin we discussed last year in rocketlauncher forums, daemon tools won't be needed, but you need to convert your games to CHD.

Personally I use Retroarch to emulate Sega Saturn, it's easier to setup and will also load CHD, bin, cue or iso, but be aware that as it doesn't have a dynamic recompiler yet, it's very demanding and a powerful CPU is needed in order to play it at full speed.

That pic also shows you enabling it globally... it should work still but since ssf is one of the last systems to need mounting i would enable it just for Saturn.

I think in my setup DT makes a drive on system boot so i dont think I have "make drive" enabled... away from home atm and cant check.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, pac00zilla said:

the problem is that I would have a rework to convert all my isos to chd the ideal and read the games through the cue file even if it needs the daemon

does your internet provider charge you by the hour or downloads.

you do not need to convert anything,  just download the MAME software CHDs and start using Mednafen or a Retroarch core,

and say goodbye to your virtual drive for good.  You can also do this for most disc base systems including the Dreamcast.

1 minute ago, 32assassin said:

does your internet provider cahrge you by the hour or downloads.

you do not need to convert anything,  just download the MAME software CHDs and start using Mednafen or a Retroarch core,

and say goodbye to your virtual drive for good.

ssf for me and by far the best of me is still giving too much trouble

So for you guys to understand, or don't understand at all, I tried somethings via Team Viewer and pac00zilla configured stuff OK, but RocketLauncher totally ignores anything we try to change regarding virtual drive, paths OK, daemon tools OK, drive letter OK, game working fine outside rocket launcher. RocketLauncher just won't "see" the configuration no matter what, it just displays the message he showed above, "Virtual Drive must be enabled", etc.

I'm going to help him setting up things from scratch since he's not even using official databases and the paths for Hyperspin and other folders are a little confusing the way they are now.

6 hours ago, pac00zilla said:

ssf for me and by far the best of me is still giving too much trouble

Mednafen has better support for US and PAL games compared to SSF

try running the US version of Bomberman  on SSF a game you can play on Mednafen,  the PAL version of Bomberman was added to the official XML over the US version because the US version was not playable until Mednafen started emulating it.

the main reason to  switch over was to use the CHD files and remove the need for a virtual dirve

but 

SSF got a CHD plugin mod  a few months (years) ago.  so you can keep using SSF if you want but download the CHD files and remove your virtual drive.

you will probably get faster load times given that you do not need to run extra software to play a game.

4 hours ago, pac00zilla said:

Daemon Tools 5.0.1

Fiz alguns testes aqui usando a versão 5.0.1 e realmente não estava funcionando. Então percebi que  o Daemon Tools não estava montando a unidade em modo SCSI.

Após desabilitar o modo SCSI no RocketLauncher, a unidade montou sem problemas.

Não sei se você já havia tentado fazer isso, mas caso ainda não, é só colocar a opção em "false" como na imagem abaixo:

5b39980ec60e3_SemTtulo-1.png.59ecd6a9b6d1f043f6bec9702f51bb93.png

On 02/07/2018 at 12:13 AM, rodrigodn said:

Fiz alguns testes aqui usando a versão 5.0.1 e realmente não estava funcionando. Então percebi que  o Daemon Tools não estava montando a unidade em modo SCSI.

Após desabilitar o modo SCSI no RocketLauncher, a unidade montou sem problemas.

Não sei se você já havia tentado fazer isso, mas caso ainda não, é só colocar a opção em "false" como na imagem abaixo:

5b39980ec60e3_SemTtulo-1.png.59ecd6a9b6d1f043f6bec9702f51bb93.png

cara eu fiz o que vc falou e agora esta montando o cd mais da alguns erros ao iniciar o emulador e o jogo nao roda, depois eu posto os prints do erro

Archived