Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Uploaded files to mega on my YouTube channel. Please like and subscribe

Planet Geekdom

Uploaded 50 plus intro videos on mega

Uploaded ini files for start up script

Uploaded orphan icon killer system tray exe

Uploaded setting.ini

Uploaded randomizer ini and bat file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intro videos? It’s like a gig or two and I’m providing ini examples so I didn’t think it was appropriate. I have been linking apps to the download as I don’t think it’s my place to post them.

Is there any additional benefit posting on the forum instead? I’m not part of staff

I’m focusing on the add ons for the moment

The moment you all have been waiting for, a tutorial on main menu changer to get your hyperspin nested wheels.

Its a long one at 30 min but it'll be well worth it since the app is no longer supported and the tutorial is not very well documented.

I've uploaded media and ini files on mega. I'll see you there!

Planet Geekdom

@thatman84

The videos are a couple gb can you all give me special access of some kind where I can upload them quickly? The forum uploads take forever if uploading many files

9 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

@thatman84

The videos are a couple gb can you all give me special access of some kind where I can upload them quickly? The forum uploads take forever if uploading many files

Fair point....afaik speed is the same for everyone. 

Ya I mean if I could upload any amount at a given time that would help too, then I wouldn’t care how long it took if I just had to upload it one time. There are some 50 videos and that would be no fun

I took down the videos I had posted and I’m going to use the media I have as tier rewards for the subscribers I get

Lol I’m only at 50 subscribers in 5 days with 5 videos. I guess that’s not bad. 500 some views

Just watched your intro video, will check out some more when I get some spare time on my hands, just an observation and may be just me, but viewing on my laptop the audio is really low if there is a way to bump up the sound level, as you can always drop the volume but only raise it so much. trying to listen to you with my 2 kids running about was nigh impossible!! keep up the good work pal 

Got it, thank you, will put the volume to the max moving fwd. yes I have two kids as well and the only time it’s quiet to make these videos is between 10-2 am lol. So I’ll turn the volume to the max since I try to talk quieter so I don’t wake everyone up. I listened to the trailer again, it sounds normal at high volume but I’ll set it to the max so it’s screaming subscribe lol and you can turn the ruckus down

Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By flava247
      Hi Forum Members, 
      I purchased a 32in upright 4 player cabinet from recroom masters and I love it. Its finally all setup and I ordered side art from them too. The only thing it is missing is some sort of guide or cheat sheet that gives a quick rundown of what original console buttons each of the control panel buttons are mapped to. 
      For example, I would like to add a vinyl sheet (sticker, decal, etc) to the cabinet and attach it to the roughly 3 inch tall horizontal wood board that runs the width of the cabinet right underneath the monitor. This sheet would show all the emulators I have installed on hyperspin (mame, NES, SNES, etc) horizontally, with next to each system showing the control board button layout and the corresponding mapped letters from the original system. So for NES, it would show my 6 button arcade controller layout with the NES B and A represented on the applicable buttons and the rest of the buttons blank.  For SNES it would show all 4 original SNES buttons and 2 trigger buttons on their corresponding mapped arcade controller buttons. 
      Im looking for an example, or maybe a file that someone has created that I can use. Also any recommendations for a graphic printer that would handle something like that. Google wasn't much help, but maybe I just haven't figured out the right keyword to search for yet. 
      Thanks!
    • By DrSoupants
      Dear Hyperspin Community. 
      Before I go any further, can I please apologise for posting this request for information. I have no doubt that this has been covered thousands of times on thousands of posts on this website and I am indeed sorry. Feel free to scream at me profusely and use a range of poo emojis to communicate your frustration with me. I guess I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the content and I'm a bit unsure where to start. I'm definitely new to Hyperspin and need some help. 
      I have an Nvidia Shield, complete rom packs (at least I think they're complete) for a range of consoles, have the Retroarch emulator working and have a range of other emulators to play all of the games I want. I have a 2TB hard drive that am using as shared (or emulated) storage device and this is dedicated to the shield (non-removable). Ok......this is where you get pissed. 
      1.) Hyperspin tells me "Warning.....attempting to launch missing rom". Because my HD is emulated the path in ES explorer reads: 'storage/emulated/0/hyperspin/emulators ( …….then all of the console folders (eg: MAME)……. then all the rom folder)'.  Roms are placed in this folder. Can someone please tell me what I need to write in the individual setting file (eg: Nintendo 64.ini)  as I have had no luck at all with any of the games on the Hyperspin interface. I believe this to be my major problem. 
      2.) This is where you're really going to get the shits. I downloaded the base pack for the Nvidia Shield (from the Hyperspin site) and the start menu is great. When I enter a console I have a warning triangle telling me "Video Previews available at emumovies.com". How do I sinc the videos with the individual menus (I think they are referred to as 'systems' but I have no idea how to install these)???????? Soooo...……..where can I find these and how and where do I install them??
      3.) I believe that the fonts and images associated with roms are called 'wheels'. I have downloaded a few of these but how would I install these on the shield? 
      Basically, what I'm asking is...……... how can I setup Hyperspin on the Shield using a shared storage device so that it kicks some serious ass. 
      A huge thank you for anyone that can help me. Feel free to kick my ass in the comments but I've already done that over the past couple of weeks so I'm well ahead of you.
      Thank you so much Hyperspin and hope to hear from you soon. 
      Soup Pants. 
    • By thatman84
      Setting Up Systems That Have/Need Games In Subfolders
      Credits
      loueradun
      brentg
      This guide requires the text editor Notepad++
      https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
      NOTE
      A PC IS REQUIRED
      Why? - HSAndroid doesn't support games stored in subfolders directly
      There are a few systems that "need" games to be stored in subfolders, to retain specific rom file names and structure (ScummVM, Quake collection etc) and some that you really should organise games into subfolders to save a world of renaming "full sets" (Playstation or any large CD based system with bin/cue files or alike).
      This thread was the source of this information and IS a very welcome tip for any HyperSpin Android user (I should have done this post long ago...)

Side Effects...
      The main side effect of doing this trick means all media needs to be stored in subfolders...It's a simple fix but will take a little extra work on your part. (Much less than renaming everything imo)
      The knock on side effects are...
      Custom database is required. The roms_only filter doesn't function How?
      1. For CD based systems like PS1
      Note.
      For more information on databases refer to the Tutorial Section Here.
      There are tools availiable for creating databases from your rom folders automatically. You will be missing all meta data but its up to. I personally dont create databases this way but have used Don's Tools Here to do it before. Other apps may be better... See 3rd Party Apps Here
      Step 1
      Your game folders along with the game file Hyperspin launches (i.e. .CUE files) must be named as stated in the xml or vice versa, as per normal Hyperspin setups require.

Step 2
      Once your files are renamed and organised as required you will need to open the .xml database in Notepad++
      Hit control "ctrl f" to open the "Find" console Choose the Replace tab (or navigate to Search=>Replace from the menu)  
      Under "Find What:" input
      (?<=\<game name=\")(.*?)(?=\") Under "Replace With:" input
      $0/$0 And finally make sure "Regular expression" is marked in the Search Mode
      Click "Replace All" then save your file.

Exampl Output Database Entry
      Note "game name" is repeated twice. "Blockids (USA)/Blockids (USA)"
      </game> <game name="Blockids (USA)/Blockids (USA)" index="" image=""> <description>Blockids (USA)</description> <cloneof></cloneof> <crc></crc> <manufacturer>Natsume</manufacturer> <year>2003</year> <genre>Puzzle</genre> <rating>ESRB - E (Everyone)</rating> <enabled>Yes</enabled> </game> <game name="Blood Lines ( Tip
      If you want to reverse these settings, use these values for the regex:
      (?<=\<game name=\")(.*?)/(.*?)(?=\") $1 One thing to note is that the regex is searching for the string <game name=" and stops when it sees the next double quote so if you have any additional spaces or a name is not the first attribute on the game element in the xml then it won't find the right string.

2. For Systems like Quake (Tyrquake core in RetroArch)
      As the Quake Collection has different names for Game Folders and Game Files you would need to manually create the entries in the database.
      So long as you put the "folder/gamefile" under the <game name= tag everything will work correctly.

Step 3 - Organising your media
      As I mentioned before ALL of your "per game" media will need to be sorted into their own folder to be of any use.... The database is looking for files inside a folder named the same as the file
      Wheel Art Box Art/Cart Art (Basically anthing in the Artwork 1 to 4 folders) Videos Game Themes (default.zip theme EXCLUDED) For Collections like Quake some games are named the same (PAK0.pak)....In this case you will probably have to manualy organise the media or manually rename it to match the xml.

There are many methods of doing this in batch format. The quickest method I have found is a Program by EmuMovies user Tempest.
      https://emumovies.com/files/file/597-roms-in-and-out-of-folders/
      MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RELEASE POST.
      It will put EVERY file into a folder so only run it on a folder thats artwork only
      (There is a reverse program included)
      Quick Steps...
      Download the file (linked above) and unzip it. Copy the "Put Roms in Folders.exe" in to your artwork folder Double click Rince and Repeat for all types of game media you have

Alternativley you can use WinRAR to zip everything then unzip all files to their own folder.
      Or another program that adds a shell extension to your right click menu
      http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/files-2-folder/
      Another program I have that will browse to your directory is "File_in_Folder_Renamer.exe" but I cant find a link for that.
    • By nrapley
      Original Post Update By Thatman84....
      Hi All, I'm running Hyperspin and RetroArch on my Nvidia Shield. I've added a wheel for Quake (RetroArch Content) and have been trying to launch it with out success, has anyone else managed it?
      From my ini file:
      exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
      parameters=cores/tryquake_libretro_android.so
      Thanks
      Nigel
      END OF OP
      The following thread has all the detailes required to get Quake1 up and running with RetroArch on the Shield TV and other supported Android devices.
      See this post for Retroarch Setup Steps
      Artwork Collection

• By thatman84
      (FYI having trouble with upping some screenshots and the new formatting so please excuse the wierd format)
      Converting 16x9 Themes for Hyperspin Android
      List of theme animation compatibility
      HS Android Theme Animations.txt
      (I am in NO way competent with artwork resolutions but my method works and looks good to me)
      Why...
      Because sometimes that theme you really liked just doesn’t display correctly 
      The main reason for theme problems is the use of animation and scripting of the .swf assets in the “theme”.zip
      (It’s best to replace themes that cause Hyperspin to crash out, but you can try to convert them)
       What’s covered...
             1.      Extract PNG assets from swf files
             2.      Reduce HQ artwork to be compatible with Hyperspin
             3.      Further reduce artwork width to allow for Hyperspin 4x3 -> 16x9 stretching
             4.      Recompile your theme

What is Needed:
      Update on resizing tool.
            Fotosizer is now advised against because of the compression/quality loss it causes.
      pPlease use Photoshop or this program recommended by @IceLancer https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyimagesizer/?source=typ_redirect
      A    A  Fotosizer (http://www.fotosizer.com/) batch resize image files
              B.     Flash Decompiler (https://www.free-dec...flash/download/) extract png’s from swf
              C.     Time and Themes
       I have done a little testing for Main Menu themes. This spreadsheet shows what I have tested and its Android compatibility status. The sheet has download section links for all themes I have tried.

Let’s get to it... 

So grab a theme zip you want to play with and Unzip it. Any 16x9 Main Menu, Game or System Default theme will do.

BakerMan provided me a guide to extracting the PNG’s from SWF but it has since been lost. 
      These are the steps
              1.      Open JPEXS once downloaded and installed from link above
              2.      Click on the “Open” tab and browse to the offending .swf file from your unzipped theme

SCREENSHOT

3.      Right click on “Images” on the left and click “Export Selection”
      (At this step you may find multiple images. If these images are only parts of one image, say the arms and legs of a character, you will have to lose that image completely from the theme or replace it with another one)

SCREENSHOT2
             4.      Click “ok” to PNG file type then choose a location for the exported images (Default is Desktop. Only export one at a time and  then move the PNG out of the output folder as it overwrites each one if not)

SCREENSHOT3
             5.      Now browse to that Output location and you will find your PNG’s in an “images” folder.

You are now ready for phase 2 – Resizing the images
      Note, fotosizer does cause a reduction in artwork quality. If your sensitive to this you may want to use another method. (If you know of a better program please comment) I only run a 37' screen and don't mind myself.
      (Resizing Artwork is covered comprehensively by Avar in his tutorials found HERE)
      Open Fotosizer Add the Artwork that was converted to PNG Reduce the images to 68% KEEP MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO TICKED (this is the best size for the ones I have done)  
              4.       Move the right side settings bar down and select an Output Folder

5   Remove that Artwork from Fotosizer
      6.   Add the newly resized artwork back into Fotosizer
      7.   Reduce the Width to 75% (to allow HS to stretch it back when its loaded)
      8.   UNTICK MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO

9.   Now add this finished art back into the theme folder and zip it up again

10.       Name the zip file the same as you have it in the “Main Menu.xml” database

Final Thoughts...

Now when you try this theme out you may find the artwork has slightly changed location. If so adjust the Artwork positions in the theme.xml file within the theme.zip OR load it into Hypertheme and adjust it as required

Hope this helps someone.