Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

camputers lynx emulator?

craiganderson

Thanks for the new version, what's that scorpion rom btw? From your suggestion seems it's the same rom as lynx96-3.rom, so what's special about it?

I tried to search for some Lynx tapes on ebay to dump them, but it seems impossible to find anything these days. Do you know anyone who still owns any tapes from back in the day?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done a small blog post on the Scorpion ROM. http://jynx-emulator.tumblr.com/post/97156960302/scorpion-rom

Regarding other games, I'm badgering frank at elborg.dk (see web site http://elborg.dk) to see if he can get me anything of interest.

Specifically, I want QUACMAN (because I had it when I was 9), and I'd like the Snowball 9 adventure, as Dad liked this.

All my Lynx tapes are gone - with the Lynx too - this happened years ago.

Thanks, but still don't get if this is a different rom or the exact same rom as the 96K 3rd rom? Because I don't see any specific Scorpion rom available on any of the regular rom sets. There's a dosrom.rom in the MESS set for Lynx, but this is probably something else.

Would be nice if he could get a few more games dumped, there's also a couple of bad dumps in the TOSEC set such as Panik would be cool to get them properly dumped too. I wonder if he could help with some artwork for the games too.

Hi guys

There seems to be confusion about this ROM. I think it is of no interest to games. I suggest running the emulator with the lowest machine that will play the game you have. (This reduces the number of power-on beeps, if nothing else!)

It's a replacement for the 3rd ROM of the 96K Lynx, which provided extra features to the BASIC.

I see my emulator as being a little more general than just games, so I included support for it when I discovered it.

Jonathan.

fyi

these games are not playable currently

mazeman - failed to parse tap file

panik - says loading but never loads

quest - looks like it is about to load, but then just goes black

star rover - line label or proc not found in line 539

power blaster - bad tape

this info has been confirmed by "jynx_emulator"

thank you for all of your work

craig

Thanks brolly, that's useful to know.

Craig - The video is looking nice! Don't forget that RACER and STAR ROVER (which is a type-in from a Lynx magazine) won't be playable because I don't do the 6845. It's on my list, but I don't want to make any promises. When I wrote the emulator, I figured that 99% of what's available for the Lynx never re-programmed the 6845 anyway, so I left it out in favour of other features.

Does Pale support the 6845? If so Racer and Star Rover could be setup to launch with Pale.

i do not know the answer

but on my computer (windows 8.1), pale runs so fast it is not playable even after tweaking all controls to slow it down

i had emailed the pale creator and he was supposed to get back to me but he must have gotten busy etc

anyway

just fyi

Archived