Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Recommended PC Games for an Arcade Cabinet

Groucho Glasses

Thanks Giga... yes.. after I thought about my question today while at work.. I realized it was a pretty stupid question. Is there a link somewhere to the PCLauncher Module ? So in theory .. can I put ANY PC video game on my system ... but its just a matter of which ones work better with the joystick setup etc .. correct ?

Thank you for all of the help.. I appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks Giga... yes.. after I thought about my question today while at work.. I realized it was a pretty stupid question. Is there a link somewhere to the PCLauncher Module ? So in theory .. can I put ANY PC video game on my system ... but its just a matter of which ones work better with the joystick setup etc .. correct ?

Thank you for all of the help.. I appreciate it tremendously.

If it runs on you PC outside of HyperSpin you should be OK, but there is better support for Steam and standalone PC games; Origin and uPlay I'm not 100% on.

The only issue can be is some games have a launcher where you need to click a play or launch button; but there are scripts to get over that.

Check out my Steam and PC Games set up videos if you need to. The House of the Dead III video kind of explains the additional scripting, although that game has a unique script.

• 2 weeks later...

Crimsonland

Guilty Gear X2 Reload

Guilty Gear Isuka

The King of Fighters XIII

eXceed - Gun Bullet Children

eXceed 2nd - Vampire REX

eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package

Gundemonium Recollection

GundeadliGne

Hitogata Happa

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this list, and apologies for necro-ing an old thread... I'd like to make a couple of additions:

Nighogg (2 player)

Samurai Gunn (4 player)

I can't recommend either of these games enough. The built-in control configuration for each game allows you to map every aspect of the controls (great if you're using an encoder). There are hours of fun to be had with each of these even though each match is usually less than 5 minutes.

Sine Mora dude, Sine Mora.

Killer Shmup.

Also Ether Vapor.

Yes! Agreed.

I'd also add Revolver360 and Danmaku Unlimited 2.

So many great suggestions. I'm going to spend a lot of time going through this thread haha.

Also Super Crate Box, Super Hexagon, Velocibox

Man, you could go on for days with this list. Does anyone else have a Steam / bundle game buying problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Do flash games count? If so, Super Mario Bros. Crossover is a must!

That looks like a great one!  I was able to find a PC executable after some searching, so for all intents and purposes...it definitely counts.  I lost track counting all the game styles that SMB Crossover has.  Really a good trailer.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I may eliminate some of my PC games if a console equivalent exists that is better or just simpler to run (MYST collection is one).  Still, my short list of games I played that I've kept until I learn more is:

Tomb Raider III

Blade Runner

Queen - The Eye (runs from 5 cd-roms.. ugh. I'd kill for a one disc ISO mod of this!)

Rise 2 Resurrection - Director's Cut

11 hours ago, phantasy said:

I may eliminate some of my PC games if a console equivalent exists that is better or just simpler to run (MYST collection is one).  Still, my short list of games I played that I've kept until I learn more is:

Tomb Raider III

Blade Runner

Queen - The Eye (runs from 5 cd-roms.. ugh. I'd kill for a one disc ISO mod of this!)

Rise 2 Resurrection - Director's Cut

Setting new PC games up is generally far easier than for anything else in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2014 at 1:38 PM, gigapig said:

Donkey Me. www.bruneras.com/games_donkeyme.php

And it's free

This is a great thread so like Altered Beast, "Rise From Your Grave"!

First I am seeing Donkey Me, was there a theme made for it Giga?

Games to add to this list:

Pac-Man Champion Edition 2 (Needs Theme)

Pac-Man Museum (Needs Theme)

Mini Doom (Has Theme Made)

I've made and altered themes for Pac-Man Championship Edition, Pac-Man DX+, Pac Man Championship Edition 2 and Pac-Man 256

You just won't find them here because I don't upload any of my themes to the DL section here anymore. Generally though its faster and easier to just make your own for 1 off games if you can't find one.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that this list has a few games that seem to require mouse (Awesomenaughts, Gigantic Army etc...), anyone know if they can be played without? See any other games on this list that maybe shouldn't be?

Also I thought we had a few other lists like this with iPac/keyboard encoder PC games... Can't find any though.

Archived