Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ext2k

Tutorial How to config Ledwiz-PacDrive

are the files in the first two posts of this thread outdated?

I tried to install them and since then nothing works anymore.

Hyperpin was on FPlaunch WIP10 before with the exit menu and loading message and so on. the included fplaunch seems to be older?

VP does not start any table - but there are errors like "core.vbs missing" - "cant start vpinmame" "Vpinmame has to be at least 3,26", "activeX controller cannot start", "error in line xxx missing controller" (<--- not exact - just trying to remember ;))

I reinstalled FPlaunch WIP 10 and Hyperpin works fine now (so i can play FP tables). But VP seems to be ruined. perhaps i reinstall it completely.

But how can I use the LED-Wiz? I am a little bit frightened of using the files in the first posts again :(

one more problem. I cant register the .ocx file, because I get an error the file is not found. I think the problem is the space between Visual and Pinball. how can I register it albeit there IS a space in the folder's name? I get the errormessage:

"file not found on C:\Program Files\Visual"

EDIT: now i reinstalled VP915 and VPinmame 3.0, but get the same errors :(

post-379-142870588739_thumb.png

Edited by Scorp.ius

are the files in the first two posts of this thread outdated?

I tried to install them and since then nothing works anymore.

Hyperpin was on FPlaunch WIP10 before with the exit menu and loading message and so on. the included fplaunch seems to be older?

VP does not start any table - but there are errors like "core.vbs missing" - "cant start vpinmame" "Vpinmame has to be at least 3,26", "activeX controller cannot start", "error in line xxx missing controller" (<--- not exact - just trying to remember ;))

I reinstalled FPlaunch WIP 10 and Hyperpin works fine now (so i can play FP tables). But VP seems to be ruined. perhaps i reinstall it completely.

But how can I use the LED-Wiz? I am a little bit frightened of using the files in the first posts again :(

one more problem. I cant register the .ocx file, because I get an error the file is not found. I think the problem is the space between Visual and Pinball. how can I register it albeit there IS a space in the folder's name? I get the errormessage:

"file not found on C:\Program Files\Visual"

EDIT: now i reinstalled VP915 and VPinmame 3.0, but get the same errors :(

get your files from http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php, and try again.

Also, for registering the ocx, i had the same problem and i solved it by opening the command window, then moving to said directory (with the "cd" command) and then using regsvr32 without the full path (so just regsvr32 xxxx.ocx ). I am sure it can be solved more easily, but i dont know how.

I was able to install the ocx now ;)

unfortunately I got the same errors in VP. So I installed it all over with installer 103 and all the updates, then installed the files from your link. now I get skript errors... backglass starts. the table too, but dissapears due to the script error

such as "line 0 file not found"

:withstupid:

any updates on this ? i have the same error.

outpd on line 0

??

If you get this error, there is an error in your ledcontrol.ini file.

The error can be a call to an illegal port, a forgotten comma or a call for an illegal integer. For example you can't set intensity on the gears.

Edited by Numiah

Can someone tell me what I do when the ledwiz isn't working by default in some tables, I've only jusy got mine configured & am just working on the start & launch buttons, which work on some tables but not others?

First of all, you need to see if the ledcontrol.ini does have a configuration for that specific table.

If there isn't you need to manually add the corresponding switches etc. Usually there is a switch in the shooter lane, but older tables have no lamp or switch corresponding for a button to use.

Usually on those older tables I just use the "B" command, to make the start button blink. Downside to this command is that the button will be blinking throughout the game.

First of all, you need to see if the ledcontrol.ini does have a configuration for that specific table
Ahh, begins to make sense :-)

I am trying (to start) to get Medieval Madness table to flash the Start & Launch button.

Looking at the ledcontrol.ini I see

m,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

matahari,ON,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mav,L64,W16 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mb,L88,L87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

medusa,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mephisto,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

metalman,ON,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mm,L88,L87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

monopoly,L80,W16 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mousn,ON,W14 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

mysticb,ON,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

I presume mm is for Medieval Madness, should the mm, be changed to "mm_10" as this is the rom I am using?

Do all the numbers refer to ledwiz ports? What do I do with these?

Where does your ledcontrol.ini come from? pixeltool or configtool?
Configtool?

Just so I know then, if the mm, doesn't need to be the exact Rom name what is it?

do you see you have an extra space at the output 22 of each line?
Sorry not following, could you elaborate?

There is a space near the end of each of your lines, this is not normal

mm,L88,L87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

where do you generate you ledcontrol.ini from, which website?

There is a space near the end of each of your lines, this is not normal

I must have had a earlier version but my current ledcontrol.ini doesn't have a space.

I'm using the config tool from vpuniverse, since updating to the latest version Medieval Madness has started working correctly.

mm,L88,L87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

But a lof of other tables aren't, despite having the same layout as above?

I was able to install the ocx now ;)

unfortunately I got the same errors in VP. So I installed it all over with installer 103 and all the updates, then installed the files from your link. now I get skript errors... backglass starts. the table too, but dissapears due to the script error

such as "line 0 file not found"

:withstupid:

I’ve got the “line 0 file not found” script error, because I’ve stored my tables in subfolders.

After I’ve copy every table into the table folder, everything works fine without the line 0 error.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

Can I still use a Pac-drive with visual pinball for rom-controlled lighting of my start and launch button, or are the files of the tutorial not valid anymore ?

Anyone here who uses a pac-drive ?

Thanks in advance.