Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Updating 2 year old Hyperspin

bluelight

I built my Bartop in 2016 and had the latest version of hyperspin at that time. The PC runs windows 7 and is not connected to the internet. I know has been updated alot since then and I'm wondering, with the latest update, can I update hyperspin seamlessly without having anything messed up? I would download it on another pc and use a thumb drive to update if possible. Not sure if it is automated or if I just copy the files over the old ones.

I'd like everything to stay the same right now the way I have it I just want the bug fixes. Thanks. 

Read the notes here and check what version you have.

There has not been that many bug fixes so you may not even need to upgrade.

Generally the latest version has not caused any major problem other than the handling on jpeg files that have been renamed to png afaik

Another option would be to backup all the files in your RocketLauncher folder and then update RocketLauncher (this is automated)

If you experience any issues/changes (which you will :) ) then revert back to your backed up files

But as others have said if it aint broke don't fix it

Your probably better spending the time looking in the DL section for updated media. There has been plenty of new themes, wheel sets and boxart uploaded since 2016....that will make the biggest difference to your set imo. Search the Submit section as the official stuff has not changed to much

Archived