Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin SEGA SATURN "stuck on now loading screen"

lopez888

Hi

please can anyone help , have tried to set up Sega Saturn using the SSF emulator, (RUNS FINE OUTSIDE ROCKETLAUNCHER)  however when use and hit the rocketlauncher icon after auditing my games, it boots and stays in the NOW LOADING screen , when hit ESC to get out, shows "unmount switch synyax error" by Daemon Tools (Also was told to point it DTLite.exe,rocketlauncher says it need to be pointed to RTAgent.exe ?)

can anyone help, thanks in advance.

am using Daemon Tools 10.5 on Windows 10, can't get the the lower versions to set up otherwise

TROUBLESHOOTING LOG BELOW

saturn.txt

I no longer use ssf instead I use Retroarch which does not require Daemon tools and it makes the games look a lot better. 

From what I remember newer versions of Daemon tools did not work with RL (unless they changed RL to work) so I uploaded the last version that works to the download section. 

09:20:17:263 | MD |     DEBUG  | +86016 | RunWait - "DTAgent.exe -mount scsi, X, "C:\HYPERSPIN\ROMs\Sega Saturn\Astal (USA).mds"" Process ID: 1048 and ErrorLevel reported as: -1

The X in this line looks off... should be 0 or 1 (zero or one) depending on if/how many real optical drives you have.

It's still going to be either your first optical drive (ID0) or you second (ID1) or third (ID2)...

I cannot be certain here as I use a very old version of DTlite... 4.5 I think, but in my RL log it shows:

VirtualDrive - Running your DT4 Virtual Drive with: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe -mount scsi, 0, "Z:\GAMES\Sega Saturn\Black Dawn (USA).cue"

i tried originally to use a lower version of DT lite as later versions have problems on windows 10, but can't install DT Lite 4.5 ,wont let me

when setting up, was told to point to DTLite.exe but RocketLaucher wants DTAgent.exe for some reason ?

have tried to rename the Optical X Drive to IDO, but can only change the Letter from X to Z or Q for example

2 minutes ago, lopez888 said:

i tried originally to use a lower version of DT lite as later versions have problems on windows 10, but can't install DT Lite 4.5 ,wont let me

when setting up, was told to point to DTLite.exe but RocketLaucher wants DTAgent.exe for some reason ?

have tried to rename the Optical X Drive to IDO, but can only change the Letter from X to Z or Q for example

Yeah mine points to DTLite but I have heard newer versions want DTAgent. That's probably why we are using different syntax, I specify an ID and you specify a drive letter??? In any case, yours is not liking the mount commands:

09:20:17:294 | MD |   WARNING  | +31    | VirtualDrive - Error reported by DAEMON Tools Lite during a mount operation: -1

and

09:20:49:778 | MD |   WARNING  | +31    | VirtualDrive - Error reported by DAEMON Tools Lite during a unmount operation: -1

7 minutes ago, lopez888 said:

set up a SCSI drive named Y but still the same problem

p.s is all set up in General Settings>Third Pary>Virtual Drive >path/add drive/drive letter

for me on old DT, I have a permanent scsi drive... it's on/active as soon as I start windows so I don't even specify a letter in RL. I do have the "add drive" checkmarked (only applicable to DT4) but I don't think I really need it, it has never needed to create another drive as far as I can tell.

dtlite.PNG.ce8f276b1717e4499a39347c819f7f4c.PNG

Selecting of which device ID (0,1,2) to use is done inside SSF. Maybe all that is the old way though??? So you have Drive Letter X and SCSI Drive letter Y both now? Hopefully someone using DT10 can chime in!

do i just replace the daemon tools folder i downloaded from mega with my existing one or do i have to embed the new one,

I had a crack set up on my old 10.5 one allowing my me to unlock everything so i could set up DT and SCSI drives, (couldn't do with the free version) will this one from Mega one allow me to do the same ? thanks

1 minute ago, lopez888 said:

still working on this

tried to use RETROARCH but got

error waiting for the window- retroarch ahk_class Retroarch

can anyone help

thanks

You will have to set up Retroarch outside of Hyperspin first, that error means it hasn't started. 

Suddenly my Retroarch using the mednafen core for Saturn is running very slow and choppy, working great yesterday morning. Bloody annoying. 

3 minutes ago, lopez888 said:

one day great, next day crap , doesnt work how you set it up /used it the day before, tell me about it :diablo:

Choose  the core then save the config. I then open the config folder and rename the newly created config from "mednafen bettle," (not sure if that's 100%) to Sega Saturn. That's really all you need do now until you want to tweak stuff which you can do by pressing F1 in game. 

You need the bios files as well which need to be in the System folder. You may also need to add the path to your bios files which you can do in Retroarch. 

12 minutes ago, lopez888 said:

i followed what you suggested

i load up the core Beetle Saturn (the only other one is Yabause) (tried them both) then choose the game , doesn't load up, just get a black screen

Don't bother with Yabause. 

Have you confirmed the core has detected your bios files? Check this in Core info. Black screen can also be shaders.

Archived