Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin with Brook Universal Fighting Board

mbnels

I'm guessing this board shows up in windows as whatever you set it to, PS4, Xbone etc? So if you set it as an Xbone controller it should show up in most emulators. 

Gamepads will not work to control Hyperspin. You will need to set keyboard keys in HyperHQ and then use a key mapper like joytokey to map the game pad buttons to the keyboard keys you set. 

Thanks.  Yes, I have seen all of those directions...one of the issues was WIndows 10 making the HyperSpin drive as ‘read only,’ and The emulator couldn’t write to JoyToKey.ini.  I’ve put JoyToKey into a program data folder with write access and this is working now. The second issue was how to map joytokey to the keystrokes .  This is still a challenge, and I didn’t know this:

Here are the default keyboard buttons for many games:

• 5 – Insert Coin
      • 1 – Start
      • Arrows – Move
      • Ctrl – Action Button 1
      • Alt – Action Button 2
      • Space – Action Button 3
      • Mouse – Analog Control (needed for some games)
      • P – Pause
      • ESC – Quit MAME
      • F2 – Service Mode
      • Tab – MAME Options Menu

This has helped a bit, but still struggling with the joysticks working in all games.

15 hours ago, mbnels said:

Thanks.  Yes, I have seen all of those directions...one of the issues was WIndows 10 making the HyperSpin drive as ‘read only,’ and The emulator couldn’t write to JoyToKey.ini.  I’ve put JoyToKey into a program data folder with write access and this is working now. The second issue was how to map joytokey to the keystrokes .  This is still a challenge, and I didn’t know this:

Here are the default keyboard buttons for many games:

• 5 – Insert Coin
      • 1 – Start
      • Arrows – Move
      • Ctrl – Action Button 1
      • Alt – Action Button 2
      • Space – Action Button 3
      • Mouse – Analog Control (needed for some games)
      • P – Pause
      • ESC – Quit MAME
      • F2 – Service Mode
      • Tab – MAME Options Menu

This has helped a bit, but still struggling with the joysticks working in all games.

If you haven't already follow this joytokey guide. 

As for some joysticks not working in some or all games you'll need to be specific as you will set controls in the emulator first and you only need a key mapper for a few systems. 

Archived