Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Bartop frame

gunit

Hi Guys, spent a good amount of time now researching the bar top designs and I have found a very nice build. PVC looks like the best way to go but I guess the cheapest, easiest option is to try and find a kit?. Unfortunately I cannot find this exact one. Some are very close but slightly different on the control board angle or cutting lengths etc. Can anyone help me find this template/kit ? ebay used to have some cad drawings cheap for sale but I really want the same look as the image and also would need to source a company to cut the plastic. All new to me so any help/advice would be great.

post-118287-142870633125_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of the original kit supplied by tinyarcades. It was manufactured using 10mm white foamboard. I used this exact same kit for the construction of my retrocade bartop. Give tippers a shout on this forum as he sells copies of the original kit.

This is a picture of the original kit supplied by tinyarcades. It was manufactured using 10mm white foamboard. I used this exact same kit for the construction of my retrocade bartop. Give tippers a shout on this forum as he sells copies of the original kit.

maybe something got lost in translation... foamboard? like the 2 pieces of poster board with a semi rigid foam sandwiched between? isnt that stuff to fragile for a cabinet? i think i would break it in a heated round of street fighter

Agree surely its a rigid plastic ? oh and Thanks Mike for the Plans, look interesting and a good start but my gut feeling is I will need to construct this in wood first to make sure my sizing etc is ok before I send final plans to a company that supply and cut plastic.

Well I'l start seeing as ive built a couple of cabs using both foamboard and mdf.firstly as long as the foamboard is at least 10mm it is tough and strong wont hold a crt but lcd easily and believe me its strong I assure u street fighters you wont snap it advantages its strong and very light and easy to spray or vinyl wrap.Mdf 10mm ok but the norm is 12mm strong and very shapable if built well it will hold a crt lcd with ease very cheap to buy in big sheets bad points its Heavy gives off a lot of dust and if not sealed also give off toxic fumes (google it) one more possitive it to can be vinyl wrapped but special prep needed for paint.

Thanks Blade, reading into the prep for MDF it does seem alot of work unless you buy the mdf already coated but I guess this could become expensive. The main aim is to keep costs down so the more I can do or get done cheap the better, but I still want to keep a very high standard looking product.

Hi Tippers, I am really keen on doing the complete build myself and my first task is the frame (drawing the plans). I really am after all the measurements for the photo I attached earlier on this post, mike shared some rough sketches but not sure if this is enough to work from. Maybe I should give it a go in cardboard first to make sure it looks ok ? also if I went with PVC who/what would I use to cut ?

I have been researching into the PVC material for the Arcade bar-top, but confused on what other people have used? I have come across PVC foamex board, U-PVC extruded sheets, rigid PVC sheet and other names. Can anyone help me on the exact name of the material I need ? and maybe a good company that supply's and possibly cuts to plans in-house (North London, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire area).

• 2 years later...
On June 2, 2014 at 7:41 AM, tippers27 said:

Hi I personally find the pvc a real pleasure to work with light weight and rigid, if you are wanting a kit we can use any materials mdf pvc melamine plywood etc .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hey I came across this randomly and was wondering if this kit is still for sale?

Archived