Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to map Xbox 360 controller config for HS menus

Hi just picked up a wired controller to

To act as ipac, I can set it up fine in mame

Etc but I can't seen to get it to map to select up and down on the main menu and select or exit

The HQ setup lets me select set the button but nothing turns up when I press any button

On the pad ?

Any thoughts I'm using the older style HS btw

ujy9yja8.jpg

Sent from the smut hut

yep,

well well known bug that has been discussed in multiple threads.

Unless their are new versions I'm not aware of

an ipac is a keyboard encoder not a joystick device; it needs to run a program in the background in order to work.

http://www.ultimarc.com/winipac_ipd.html

their are other similar devices that act as joysticks (similar to your wired 360 controller)

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=234

that don't need software to run, but NEED Xpadder to properly work in the Hyperspin main Menu.

but as you mentioned you are using older style Hyperspin, if you have version 1.0, I think you should be able to use it, I'm not 100% on that since I never tried it.

I see lots of xpadder chat but I really did want go down that route because if starting up and shutting down

The reason I've gone the Xbox controler route is because I play game like moral Kombat 9. And injustice and bro force

These are all setup perfect for the Xbox controller and at £10 delivered it's a good price

Sent from the smut hut

My xpadder starts when I turn on the cab, set to the profile I use in Hyperspin. For PC games for instance I set this system to use a blank profile, which makes it work as a regular controller would. It switches back to the Hyperspin profile when I exit the game again. Everything works without any hassle.

My xpadder starts when I turn on the cab, set to the profile I use in Hyperspin. For PC games for instance I set this system to use a blank profile, which makes it work as a regular controller would. It switches back to the Hyperspin profile when I exit the game again. Everything works without any hassle.

Can you talk me through that please ?

Sent from the smut hut

Here is what helped me to configure it. Once you get your head around it, its simple. The only issue that I still have is that no matter what I do I cannot close xpadder when I exit hyperspin :(

I couldn't get it to shut down using HyperHQ but then I found a kill xpadder .bat on the forum. Sorry I don't remember the filename or have a link to the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived