Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
maceman

Hyperpin loading everything as fpt?

Hi all,

For every virtual pinball table I try to load in hyperpin, an error message comes up saying it cannot find xxxxxxx.fpt. Every program seems to try to load as a fpt extension, even visual pinball. I seem to be able to open future pinball tables without a problem.

What could be causing hyperpin to look only for fpt extensions? Is there a code somewhere that needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance for your help

Maceman

ps. FP is also not loading a backglass via hyperpin, but the tables load. There is no error message, I just can't see any backglass whatsoever on the backbox monitor(I just see FP Logo).

The .ftp is just a typo in the launch script error that causes that. It's not looking for an .fpt unless you are trying to load a FP table. If you are trying to load from your VP database it is trying to load .vpt even though the error states .fpt.

FP is very specific about what video driver is being used. If you aren't using the right driver then the backglass will not display.

Good to know, I have one VP table I can't open through Hyperpin since it seems to be trying to load Elvis.fpt.

I checked the XML for errors, but couldn't find one.

ahklaunch I never suspected of this error. I'll check tonight why it refuses to open Elvis.vpt

@numiah,

I know the problem with Elvis, but I don't yet know a fix.

The problem is that Elvis pops up a message "this rom has known bad sound emulation..." or something like that....

You don't see the message as it flashes so fast and is gone, but I spent the tedious time once timing an 'alt-printscreen' and that is what the message said- took forever to capture it, but I since learned there is a log.txt that i've never look at but maybe it would have been in there as well...

Anyways,If someone can tell us how to rem out that message, that would be great!!

Maceman

I am using the cabinet mame version and disabled the menu. Still I get this error it cannot find Elvis.fpt.

Elvis is in the correct folder, and to be sure I renamed all files and the XML accordingly.

It's no biggie since it's only occurring with this one table, but it sure is strange.

I am using the cabinet mame version and disabled the menu. Still I get this error it cannot find Elvis.fpt.

Elvis is in the correct folder, and to be sure I renamed all files and the XML accordingly.

It's no biggie since it's only occurring with this one table, but it sure is strange.

So to debug whether or not it's the elvis table or it's something else do this:

1) Rename Elvis table. Rename a for sure working table to Elvis name. Fire hyperpin back up and test launching Elvis (which should launch your renamed table instead) and see if the renamed table shows up. If you get the same error, you know the issue lies in your xml (or your ahk, but probably your xml).

2) If the table loads, rename elvis back to what it was, and load it inside VP. Try to run it there and see what is going on. Generally, if it will error out from hyperpin, it will show the errors when loading it manually so you can see what they are.

Doing the above steps should take you from "it doesnt work" and "it's weird" to a fully understanding what's going on :)

How can I be sure I am using the cabinet version? I don't see an option to disable menu anywhere. I press F6 while loading as well, and all i get is the language selection dip switch menu.

If the cab.dll is supposed to override things, then mine isn't working. Thanx.

Seems I was able to get Elvis working using a different route.

What I did is launched the vpinmame setup and 'test'. Then i scrolled down to the elvis roms. I notice there are 4 or 5 roms for elvis. I only had 5.0 installed, not the other roms as i expect i didn't need them?

Anyways, by going through each elvis rom this way in the vpinmame setup test, i was able to load each rom without error.

Then i retried the elvis 5.0 rom in VP and it loaded with no sound error message. I never did find or disable any warning window. I did already have the cabinet vpinmame.dll installed.

Not sure why anyof this worked, but it did.

Numiah. can you try what i did please and let me know if it works for you as well.

Thanx,

Maceman

I had the same problem when I first started out..only a couple of tables

kept saying cant load fpt. I think what i did was deleted the nvram file

for that table and also deleted the table in the xml editor then reloaded

it agian. then made sure all my files where named exactly the same.

for the name of the table I only use the name not name and date or whatever

its been a while so dont quote me..try it and rename your table and the rest of your files,backglass,etc......it should work if I remember right..

...for the name of the table I only use the name not name and date or whatever..

Thanks for this hint. It was the really solution for my Problem.

The Pin Cirquis_Voltaire_VP913_v1.31FS_B2S.vpt was OK to start in Visual Pinball, but Hyperpin stopped with message "cannot find Cirquis_Voltaire_VP913_v1.31FS_B2S.ftp".

Database XML and script was OK, not mentioning anything of ".ftp".

I only renamed the Pin in XML-file and in the table Folder to "Cirquis_Voltaire_FS_B2S.vpt" and it is working fine!

PS for German searchers only:

Hyperpin will ftp laden statt vpt.