Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to power a Bartop Arcade

gunit

Hi guys I have been looking into how you can power a bartop arcade and the majority seem to go down the easier option of including 4 gang extension lead inside the unit. I would like to avoid using plugs and the extension bar so I really could do with some guidance, Please see a rough diagram below:-

jyvy7aty.jpg

Can anyone help explain how I can get the ideal solution ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your amp,button leds and marquee light will all be powered by your computer powersupply ie 12 or 24 volts

If your good at soldering then solder your monitor cable to your psu incoming 240volt supply anf just have the one lead.if not then its either two cables entering the cab one for the monitor and one for the psu.

Or get a kettle lead splitter and youll be sorted with only one cable

Sorry I have another Question, how can I get my (amp/speakers/12v transformer) from Coaxial power connector to a molex connecter so that I can connect to the psu. I was hoping a coaxial to molex existed but have had no luck.

post-118287-142870636285_thumb.jpg

the positive centre tip (normally white striped wire ) on the plug connects to yellow (+12V) on the molex, the negative (black wire) connects to the black on the molex.

if you dont want to cut up your current psu cable you can pickup a 12v psu plug cheaply off of ebay or RS components.

Looks good MIke, do we have examples of an arcade switch socket with 2 power cables attached to it ? just so that I am 100% on the wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

I think this is the solution:-
4Pin Male Molex To DC Male Connector

This should then power the amp. My concern now is any noise/speaker issues due to running everything via a PC power supply

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is the solution:-
4Pin Male Molex To DC Male Connector
This should then power the amp. My concern now is any noise/speaker issues due to running everything via a PC power supply

Wrap your speaker wires around a ferrite core should help prevent noise

d8d338e07dd4ac40f96c0bbc937d217e.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Archived