Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Pinball Electrical 101

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to use 12v from the ledwiz to trigger a 24v relay? I have 9 devices using 24v and the rest on 12v. I was hoping I could have the 12v on the coil and 24v the other poles.

sure as long as you buy relays that accept a 12v single as a trigger. i am running 24v solenoids and triggering with a 5v signal as that is what i am running on that bank of the ledwiz.

depending on how you have your ledwiz setup, you could run one bank of the ledwiz @ 24v. have you checked the draw on your solenoids to see if they could be triggered directly from the ledwiz (less than 500mah)?

Edited by mameman
can't type

if the relay coil is rated at 24 volts, it wont work well with only 12 volts across the coil. Best option would be just to grab a 12 volt relay and as you said, wire the 24v items that you want switched via the relay through the other poles.

Just to clarify, the LEDwiz is swtiching the ground or negative and not the 12v.

I do happen to have some 12v relays, but I didn't think they would work because the solenoids would be using 24v. I figured 24v would be too much for the relays. So does the rating apply to the coil and not the other poles?

Unfortunately, the solenoids I have are too much to drive directly from the ledwiz.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi i am a newbee and i read anywhre in english but i can't understand all

my problems are the led's lighning

i hope you can read my bad english

i will build apinball cab with creed led's on the backglass and on the end by the playfield

i ask chris but he say'y i must read the electric info (is ok), i have made it but i understand not all

my problem ist

what must i use ledwiz or pac led 64 or pac drive

i will only use led's no knocker's, solinods ect.

my problem is i will make 5 creed Led's on the top of the backglass and the same in the end of the playfield or is it too much

can i connet the colors red blue and green together also i use 3 ports on the led controller

for the strobe effect it is ok when i use the white color from the creed led'' or can i use this 2 Stroboskop LED-Panele Blitzer Licht für Auto WEIß or this oneStroboskop-Blitzer 12VDC weiß i will use 3 strobo's on the backglass, 2 in the end of the playfield an 2 under the cab in front, can i connect all 8 strobos on one port on the Led Controller. or is it too much

need i a seperatly powersystem like this Netzteil MeanWell 12V / 8.5A / 100W

can i connect the led flipper buttons direcly to the led controller, or must i have any resitors between led's and led controller

i hope that is ok for you that i asked you so many

im so sorry, this is my last problem to start the projekt

the ipac and the nanotech plunger is in planing to start

best regrads Thomas H. from Germany

Hopefully I answered most of this in the pm you sent with the same questions earlier today. If not it would be more use to ask what you still need clarification on in this thread.

hi i am a newbee and i read anywhre in english but i can't understand all

my problems are the led's lighning

i hope you can read my bad english

i will build apinball cab with creed led's on the backglass and on the end by the playfield

i ask chris but he say'y i must read the electric info (is ok), i have made it but i understand not all

my problem ist

what must i use ledwiz or pac led 64 or pac drive

i will only use led's no knocker's, solinods ect.

my problem is i will make 5 creed Led's on the top of the backglass and the same in the end of the playfield or is it too much

can i connet the colors red blue and green together also i use 3 ports on the led controller

for the strobe effect it is ok when i use the white color from the creed led'' or can i use this 2 Stroboskop LED-Panele Blitzer Licht für Auto WEIß or this oneStroboskop-Blitzer 12VDC weiß i will use 3 strobo's on the backglass, 2 in the end of the playfield an 2 under the cab in front, can i connect all 8 strobos on one port on the Led Controller. or is it too much

need i a seperatly powersystem like this Netzteil MeanWell 12V / 8.5A / 100W

can i connect the led flipper buttons direcly to the led controller, or must i have any resitors between led's and led controller

i hope that is ok for you that i asked you so many

im so sorry, this is my last problem to start the projekt

the ipac and the nanotech plunger is in planing to start

best regrads Thomas H. from Germany

Got the same PM mameman. Thanks for replying to him.

Thomas, as Mameman has said, ask any questions that need clarification on here and we will try and work through it for you.

Google translate (worth a shot) :D -

Thomas, wie Mameman gesagt hat, fragen alle Fragen, die geklärt werden müssen hier und wir werden versuchen und durch sie für Sie arbeiten

I will build a Pinball Name "Powerpin"

ok i ask in three times her in the thread

i will make 5? rgbw led's on the top backcase and 5? on the end of the playfield RGBW and 3 strobos Backcase two at the end of the playfield and 2 under the cab, I have see this by a Cab from Chris, it's very nice.

I will only use Led's für my Cab no Knockers or solenoids not rumble ect.

Button Led's für Blinky mode, an the lights on the cab and playfield

or Is it too much when i use 5 RGBW Creed Led's on the top and on the end of the playfield,

can i use the White color from the Creed Led's to simulate the strobo effect or can i use the strobos from a real pace car from motorsport 12 Volt

1. what must i have for controlling led's (creed Led's R G B W) and strobos

Ledwiz

or

Pac Drive

or

Pac Led 64

If you want single control over every led, you need 3 outputs for each led on your Ledwiz.

So there is a maximum of 10 you can use.

You can use the whites on a single output if you connect them in parallel with the use of a relay. Otherwise your current will pass over 500Ma.

I would suggest using the Ledwiz over the Pac though.

ok all at start

i have calculate how many creed Led's i will use

3 creed on top rgbw

3 creed on the end of the playfield

2 strobos from dtm racing sport with finished controling box on top

2 strobos from dtm racing sport with finished controling box on the end of the playfield

2 strobos under the cab

i have calculate i use 24 ports from led wiz

4 Flipperbuttons Colour clear

i will use 2 Leds single colour (my idea was i use the 3 rgb led's from wolsoft for different colors for the different tables, the problem, i have not enough ports for connecting)

any idea

how difficult is it to configure the flipperbuttons colour to the different playfield or is it enough when i use one color for the flipperbuttons

how many buttons must i have for strating the pinball

i think

coin in

start player

exit

pause

launch ball

extra Ball

it be 6 Led's

how to play (i don't use it)

shoot(???)

genere (???)

when i have right calculate i use all 32 ports from the led wiz

i have read, one output can be 500 mah, when i use the creed, i use a resistor to control the creed led auf 350 mah its going fine

when the table says to the led wiz make port e.g. 12,22,26 on, for effect it is ok 3 led's use 1050 mah together it this ok

how many tables are use the nanotech plunger with digital io board

on the digital io board there is a nugde system inside ?

use i only the plunger for shoot the ball and use the ipac for keybord switches

must i have a nanotech plunger with digital io board or it's enough when i use the launch button to start the ball

I believe Noah's VP cabinets use the nanotech digital board for the inputs without a problem. Download the instruction book from the nanotech website and it should have a wiring drawing on there from memory.

As for where to buy it, Noah's Virtuapin is the best place to go as he has full support for the unit if purchased off him. Buying from the nanotech website is supposed to be nothing but trouble.