Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is this pc any good

Hi can someone have a quick look at this pc and see if it will be any good for a hyperpin cabinet. I know I will have to couple it with a decent gc, I was thinking a gtx 650.

Once I got my cabinet up and running and im happy with it I don't think I will update with further tables or anything so if it will do for what's out at the moment or the next few months I'll be happy. Anyway here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201129632510?redirect=mobile

any comments are appreciated

The psu is way underpowered if you are looking to run a 650 otherwise should be ok to run hyperpin

So if I ran this pc for hyperpin what gc could I get that would be sufficient for both the pc and a 2 monitor setup or 2 gc's if I went for a 3 monitor setup.

thanks

To be honest you could pick up a far better PC if you bought the parts yourself in bits. Some pieces dont need to be top of the range and the bits that do have extra cash for.

Focus on the major parts.... GPU, getting an older gen GPU is much cheaper without loosing the performance. Just more heat and power. A 550 is cheap as chips, but if you can get one cheap opt for the 570.

CPU... i5 all the way! Again, you can go for a older Gen model. I picked up an old i5 and mobo for a build. Cost me 60 pounds and cranked it up to 4.2ghz without any issue.

MOBO... just mak sure you can OC and it matches the CPU socket. You can normally get a bundle of CPU and MOBO for cheap.

RAM... No less than 4gb. Sweet spot is 8 as it will keep up with all the emu changes after a long run. Just try to get a reliable make. Corsair, Gskills are cheap etc

PSU... You can get some very cheap ones, as low as 10 UK pounds for 600W. To be honest they will be fine as long as you google the reviews. Dont expect much from them in terms of lifetime. But you will get one systems life out of one at least. To be honest I would pay the extra and get a new well branded one that to be honest you can keep for life. I have a 750w PSU I have had for 8 years now... never let me down :)

The rest you can get for pennies, including the cases. All the above you can pick up second hand. If you look hard enough you can build a beast for less than 200 UK pounds :)

Hi Austin and thanks for your comments. I would love to build my own and whilst I cam probably do it as far as the actual build is concerned I hardly understood any of what you've said lol for example I would have no idea how to crank up the processing speed or even what a gpu or mobo is.

I really want to build a cab but I'm starting to think that you need to know far too much about the computer side

It is not as bad as it sounds to be honest. Almost all PC parts will fit together and its half the fun in using them knowing what you have and how you can add more.

A GPU is the graphics card. This is the bit that makes it all look nice on the screen. This and the CPU are most of the time the most expensive parts. If you buy an oldr generation its much cheaper, but you want to still keep performance. 500 series GPUs are perfect for this.

MOBO is the motherboard. The backbone of the machine. If you dont want to do much with the PC then you can buy cheap and still get much of the stock performance. However much of HS emulation, unlike normal gaming requres huge amounts of CPU if you want PS2, Wii etc. In this case you need a Mobo that you can overclock. You can normally pick up a cheap mobo and CPU off ebay. Gamers are always upgrading and they sell off their older parts. Perfect for the HS builds!

As for putting them together.... Youtube! It honestly takes about an hour to build a PC and their are thousands of guides on youtube. Once you got your hed around it, it will become a bug.

Archived