Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The Pin Reaper 42"/32"/19" Widebody

Hey all. Showing off my hyperpin cabinet The Pin Reaper! First thing I want to say is thank you to all the members on this forum and table creators for making this possible. Second I want to thank Jack with Arcadesrfun for his work on the cabinet. Being a Dad of 2 small children and a business owner I have very little free time to build a cabinet. I decided to check out Jack at ArcadesRFun and see about a flat pack being shipped. We got to talking and long story short, I had Jack build me the cabinet. I purchased the monitors which were shipped to him and he assembled and wired the cabinet for me. The workmanship is truly amazing. If you're pressed for time and want to play first then tinker later, I highly recommend going through Jack and having him build the cab for you. I plan on adding some additions to the cab along with custom artwork which I am designing and printing as I own a Sign company with a 54" digital printer.

Here are my computer specs:

INTEL|CORE I7 960 3.20G

MB GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R

2x VGA ZOTAC|ZT-20109-10P GTS250 1GIG

PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750TX 750W

MEM 2Gx3|CORS TR3X6G1600C9

SSD 120G| OCZ OCZSSD3-2VTX120G

CPU COOL CM|RR-UV8-XBU1-GP

LOGITECH Z623 2.1 SPEAKERS

XP PPROFESSIONAL SP3

Playfield monitor:

HP Digital Signage 42" Display (1080p) (Awesome monitor, rated for long hours of operation with low heat and very smal bezel)

Backglass

32" Samsung Monitor (720p)

DMD

19" ViewSonic

Currently the cab is using a IPAC controller only. I plan on adding an LEDWiz at some point. Tilt bobs for nudging but plan on maybe going a differnt route as getting these to work well is very tricky. No force Feedback but plan on adding that in the future. Standard plunger hooked up to a microswitch and launchball button. The lockdown bar is an original widebody. I had Jack add a custom Bezel for the playfield and backglass/DMD. It was routed from a matte finished plastic which has some texture to it. Very nice look. I plan on adding my name below the DMD once I finsh the artwork. The artwork is coming along nicely and I can't wait to show it off. Once the artwork is completed and installed, I will finish the cab off with custom made side rails. Here are some pictures of the cabinet.

2rghoc2.jpg

ezopzn.jpg

vr3bqs.jpg

mcav7p.jpg

2lavdl4.jpg

a4tm60.jpg

al2eeo.jpg

2s8k5tw.jpg

Game runs silky smooth with settings on halfway for alhpa and full texture mapping. A little frame drop on a few tables with UVP but I need to update them so can't really say if it's the computer or not. I still have some tweaking to do in the registry and bios. I'll have a video up this weekend and hopefully some artwork to show.

one word.. superb :)

Is this vector or bitmap?

A little of both. The drawing is a bitmap image and the rest is vector artwork with a few touches to make it look a little more natural. When it's printed the lettering will really pop off the background.

looks great, nice work. if it was mine, i think i would put the name level. that way it would show more of the ball and his hand.

It needs to move over a little, it was 1:30 in the morning when I uploaded it and I never really proofed it. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Printed the artwork and applied it to the Cab. Material is an Air Release (No bubbles, not possible, have to be incompetent to get any bubbles, lol) printable gloss media with a clear gloss laminate. Colors really pop. Added the side rails and lockdown bar to finish it off. All that's left is moving it into the corner and adding the name above the DMD display. Enjoy.

keci1g.jpg

kxj6c.jpg

wbb1nq.jpg

a48nk1.jpg

w8ql3o.jpg

35bxr7p.jpg

nice job on the vinyl, like the eggshell finish. where did you get it done, may want to give them a go myself :)

I own a sign shop in Connecticut Mameman. I designed and printed it on my 54" Roland Digital Printer 4 color processs. I would be more than happy to do something for you, just let me know.

I own a sign shop in Connecticut Mameman. I designed and printed it on my 54" Roland Digital Printer 4 color processs. I would be more than happy to do something for you, just let me know.

lol, that just opened the flood gates :)

pm on its way.

Archived