Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Pinball Dreams (32" 19" )

monkeychunkuk

Looking good so far..

Nothing wrong with budget builds ( from the man whose pinball project costs more than most people spend on a car :P ) sometimes they are more of a challenge getting the parts you have to work, and probably far more rewarding.

The black screen issue might be down to the video card, a gtx 610 is not the ideal card for a pinball ( vastly underpowered), also the 2 gb ram probably is not helping

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my ram turned up one of 4gb was bad so I'm sending it back but the table run loads betters on 6gb

570f782bd46dd0603d4e7bb00486d2c9.jpg

And I fitted the new screen I had to decase it but I'm really happy it's like it was made for the back box

6d1eda1875ded6e93e3d8ad4e4caa0ce.jpg

I had to adjust the screen using the scroll lock is their a option or a config I can copy to all table?

And the dreaded screen flicker is still around when the game starts after the ball drains any thoughts ?

Sent from the smut hut

Monkeychunkuk,

I am planning on building a pin cabinet with the same size screen as your play field screen. I really like how your cabinet has come out so far and was just wondering if you could post the dimensions for your cabinet? I saw that you had a few dimensions in your first post, but I know that you cut it down a bit after that. The dimensions I am most unsure about are the front dimension and the back dimension (front as in height of the cabinet itself at the front of the play field portion and the height at the back of the play field portion). Also, the back box height.

Thanks in advance!

So I normally I use a ipac 2 for the keyboard encoder but with them still at £32 I was looking for a alternative,I've had hit a misses with the Xbox controller

So I thought I'd bust open this

Ps/2 pin keyboard,

I know this isn't great for full arcades because of ghost key presses and limited to 6 keys at once,but for the pinball I'm only using 2 keys at once

So I ripped the keyboard apart

8e39e700823465eae21e5112f21529cb.jpg

And I ripped this off

6cb0b30db946cace650b7dd44ec6b127.jpg

And did a shitty job soldering onto the connection

8e9dacb6a1f75138c74c74a69d9d97b9.jpg

Very tricky as the connection where lead covered so I scratched it all off to get something to solder to

And then I coverd the sins with my glue gun ; )

c079b30ad4abe53730ebbed0db175ae5.jpg

And amazingly it still works

All I have to do is figure out the wire cross connections to get the keys I want

It's really slow work

Sent from the smut hut

hmm sooo i put in a new hard drive and im trying to config future pin etc,

and i noticed the table plays better that cant be the different hard drive right????

new 80g laptop hdd ( of course the table has flicker with screen tear becuase it not set up)

BUT dies it look likes its running smoother?

old 500g drive (with everything set up)

has this got flicker/ball jumping or am i just seeing things?

sorry about the crap cam

the different hdd wont affect the game once the table has loaded. it will only affect the loading times of the tables and front end videos etc..

Thanks Mike maybe it's just the config do you noticed any different ?

Last night I found the Frame rate option I'll video them to see if it's running quicker

Sent from the smut hut

Just wondering if you were able to get some measurements of your build? The rough measurements are ok too. Hate to bother you again, but wanted to get started this weekend.

Thanks

Here you go sorry it's a bit crap and in inches but google will convert for you

1ecddded3be9b0801815b54382b119fa.jpg

So a few things to take in count measure how wide your play field screen is after decase mine is slightly wider because it would not trim done any further,and I've got a job ahead if me to hide it

The part of the machine that sits under the back box I would adjust to match the actual size so in my case 8 inches

Notice my back box is equal all the way up

Most increase as they get to the top like wedge shape maybe consider that for your build ?

The room between the bottom of the play field screen is very tight on my machine " it has a inch from the top of the graphics card and buttom of tv that's not great so maybe add a few inches to yours?

Mine is based on original plans my advice would be layout all your components and change to suit your setup

Sent from the smut hut

Hmmm maybe decision time I was just comparing FPS

with my gaming PC and the pinball PC

And it's miles apart, is it time to go back to my original idea?

The games take a while to loads on the pinball config

And I'm noticing a slight effect on game it's a lot smoother on the arcade but nothing "game breaking

Pinball setup

fcbcf0451737212a5a5cd67442bffdce.jpg

Arcade setup

ce8201e0d841751c954b29ab713951b6.jpg

Sent from the smut hut

Archived