Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Decals and Printing for your Hyperpin Cabinet

Lucian045

Hi guys. I'm in the process of a pinball cabinet build (post and photos will be up soon).

I want a "Tron: Legacy" theme. My question is this:

I plan on running EL Wire or Tape underneath the artwork to make the appropriate areas of the artwork glow..

Example artwork/image for the side of the pinball cab:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/tron-yellow-billboard-movie-poster.jpg

What should my considerations be in terms of the decals or artwork material? Transparency? Colour of paint on the wood underneath the decal?

Thanks for any tips.

Lordindy

Toronto, Canada

Oh yes, I will. She'll be going up the side of the backbox :)

The only material you can use would print translucent vinyl to allow light to pass thru. Not really sure how good the artwork will look if you physically put some type of lighting onto your physical cab, then apply the print over top. You'll have an indent overtop of the print. Either way, the whole graphic would have to be printed with translucent vinyl to allow light to pass. Unless someone else has done this? You could cut out the parts that need to light on the physical grpahic then apply the printed translucent parts over top but then you will have seems where the cut outs are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thanks to everybody that has ordered graphics from me. I hope everyone has had an awesome experience in working with the material I provide and dealing with me. People have been emailing asking if I am still doing printing, probably because my thread is not updated too often. I may not always update this thread but I check it everyday along with everything else on this site and yes I am still printing away. So...I just wanted to say thanks again and if you need something give me a shout!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brad's work is top notch, I'd recommend his services hands down for anyone that's looking to get their artwork printed. I received my artwork this week and everything arrived in perfect condition. I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the decals and they were really easy to apply. Thanks again Brad for a great deal and awesome services!

Here are a few pics of my completed table:

post-70585-142870589245_thumb.jpg

post-70585-142870589238_thumb.jpg

post-70585-14287058924_thumb.jpg

post-70585-142870589243_thumb.jpg

The artwork from Brad is awesome. The material he uses is INCREDIBLY forgiving. I probably stuck/unstuck parts of it a dozen or more times, and it never lost its adhesion. It's also really easy to get air bubbles out of it. The 'air release technology' really does work. It seems like really tough stuff too. I think it will last a very long time.

The material aside, the printing itself is also top-notch. Nice vivid colors.

The only issues I had were self-inflicted. I didn't get a couple of the pieces on as perfectly straight as I would have liked. So learn from my mistake; take your time, and get an extra set of hands to help.

Some pics...

IMG_2901_zps7d156ad0.jpg

IMG_2928_zps062a2acc.jpg

IMG_2903_zps4ba46378.jpg

IMG_2927_zpsa1f4ebd8.jpg

IMG_2916_zps120387b3.jpg

IMG_2915_zps74bbb5d0.jpg

I'm not looking for a full cabinet solution. I'd rather have a large cabinet side sized decal (maybe 3' long) die cut with the hyperpin logo. I'm using a repurposed Slugfest cab, so it's odd dimensions in just about every way imaginable. Do you have those and what might a set of something like that run?

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind taking the Hyperpin logo and adding a few "flourishes" to it but still the same idea, just two identical decals die cut to be applied over a base paint coat. Does anyone have a good Hyperpin logo graphic to start with? is there one here on the site anywhere that I've just not found?

I'm not looking for a full cabinet solution. I'd rather have a large cabinet side sized decal (maybe 3' long) die cut with the hyperpin logo. I'm using a repurposed Slugfest cab, so it's odd dimensions in just about every way imaginable. Do you have those and what might a set of something like that run?

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind taking the Hyperpin logo and adding a few "flourishes" to it but still the same idea, just two identical decals die cut to be applied over a base paint coat. Does anyone have a good Hyperpin logo graphic to start with? is there one here on the site anywhere that I've just not found?

If you find the logo you want, size it to your cab then send it to me. My machine can die cut out the graphic. Send me an email when you are ready or with any questions. I cant give a price until I get the exact size and what needs to be die cut out. My email is in this thread. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my final artwork for my Indiana Jones printed!!!!!

Seriously....Brad is the man! I have not put them on yet (pics will be coming in my thread), but man is the quality of print amazing for being so large. And the price is great for this quality of print. Anyone looking to get anything printed should be calling Brad. Honestly. Can't recommend him enough!!!! Super easy to work with and a really nice guy on top of it.

I want to start another project just so I can get more artwork done. lol.

Bill

• 1 month later...

I would like to see if you can print my artwork for my hyperpin & hyperspin cabinets - I am looking for pricing right now. I need to get with Josh on the design of each. Do you need just the dimensions or do you need the artwork files also for the cost? Please pm me.

Thanks!

Edited by Redskins

I would like to see if you can print my artwork for my hyperpin & hyperspin cabinets - I am looking for pricing right now. I need to get with Josh on the design of each. Do you need just the dimensions or do you need the artwork files also for the cost? Please pm me.

Thanks!

Just the dimensions for a quote.

• 5 weeks later...

Got Lucian to print out my artwork that i done myself and totally screwed up the dimensions and he fixed them for free! Easiest graphics i have ever laid down (done alot of lettering on rescue vehicles). Will diff be coming back to do my Hyperspin cab. Thanks Buddy!

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26494-My-Small-Hyperpin-Cab!-Tell-Me-what-you-think!

• 4 weeks later...

Lucian...

The dimension for my cabinet sides are rather irregular and jagged. How is most artwork supplied to you? Do you cut to exact dimensions? Do you usually have some extra to trim on the edges?

As an example, here is the side of the cabinet. How would be best to supply the graphics to you?

post-34943-142870600653_thumb.jpg

Also regarding color balance, Are small proof sheets available?

Edited by Spektre99

Graphics should always be supplied with at least 1/2" extra material all around so it fits. Usually people just send me a rectangle of the area and not the actual shape of the cab, and trim away the extra material. If you want me to cut the graphic to the shape of your cab I can do that but make sure you have allowed for extra material all around.

For color...if you want a proof sent to you I will be happy to do that. My monitor is calibrated for color so whatever you send I generally can see accurate color matching...but the color you picked may be different on your monitor so if you are concerned about it I will send a proof. If you would like to talk more send me an e-mail and I'll give you my cell if your in the US. Thanks.