Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Decals and Printing for your Hyperpin Cabinet

Lucian045

Thought it would be cool to share with all you that I have been doing some printing for Zidware...a company owned by John Popadiuk Jr. Creater of Theater of Magic, Circus Voltaire, World Cup Soccer, etc. Its been a real honor to talk with him as Theater of Magic is my all time favorite table. He is making a few custom pinball games with some patented mechanics which he could not share. I have printed his artwork for the first machine and again I can't share the details as I signed a disclosure agreement with him, but the artwork is very retro! Check out his site http://www.zidwarepinball.com/. The machine he is working on will be available for play at the expo in Detroit this year. That's it...when he lifts the ban I can share pictures. Thanks for all the orders from you guys! I love seeing the cool graphics you guys come up with!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone needs to know the excellent level of service that you can expect from Lucian...

I had a problem applying one of the sides on my back box, and had to re-lift it to re apply.. during the lifting process the graphic started to pull off some of the small grain splinters from the unpainted back box wood, so when it was re-applied there was lots of debris stuck to the underside of the graphic causing the graphic to look like it was bubbled.

i contacted Lucian to ask for a replacement graphic and he printed me off Two of the damaged sides at no additional cost. All i had to do was pay for the postage.

the replacements arrived within 5 days.

Top level customer service from a great Guy.

Thanks Lucian.. :beerglass:

If anyone needs to know the excellent level of service that you can expect from Lucian...

I had a problem applying one of the sides on my back box, and had to re-lift it to re apply.. during the lifting process the graphic started to pull off some of the small grain splinters from the unpainted back box wood, so when it was re-applied there was lots of debris stuck to the underside of the graphic causing the graphic to look like it was bubbled.

i contacted Lucian to ask for a replacement graphic and he printed me off Two of the damaged sides at no additional cost. All i had to do was pay for the postage.

the replacements arrived within 5 days.

Top level customer service from a great Guy.

Thanks Lucian.. :beerglass:

Your welcome Mike...glad it arrived fast with no customs problems this time. Looking forward to seeing the final build. Thanks for the plug, always appreciated!

Just wanted to thank everyone who ordered graphics from me this year. I hope everyone has been happy with the service and quality of the prints and material they have received. Looking forward to the new year and everyone's new builds, and maybe a few of my own. Have a great new year everyone and thanks again!

• 2 months later...

I have to brag on Brad and his services here a little bit. I first contacted him Monday evening about doing a print job for me. And I'm happy to report that I received the product just 3 days later! The quality is exceptional. If you're apprehensive about going this route for your machine, don't be. It made all the difference. HUGE thanks to Lucian045 (Brad). You rock!

post-47272-142870623468_thumb.jpg

post-47272-142870623473_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quick update...business is booming people so a big thank you to all who ordered from me. I love seeing everyone's artwork and projects...such a fun hobby. Especially want to thank Shakenbake (VPCabs) and Josh White for partnering with me on all their printing needs, and of course everyone who refers my services. Reputation is everything. I hope every customer has been satisfied with there end result.

Wanted to let people know they should contact me thru my [email protected]. I am on these forums a lot but my email is much faster. Lastly, the past 2 days have slammed me with work at my shop, so prints ordered during the next 2-3 weeks will take a bit longer to get out. I like to fill most orders in 1-2 days, but this just won't be possible. Thanks everyone.

Anyone from the UK ordred? I'd be interested to know the total cost.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Shipping to the UK can be as little as $30 and as much as $65 depending on the method and how patient you are. Hope this helps.

Anyone from the UK ordred? I'd be interested to know the total cost.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quite a few of us on this forum from the Uk have ordered from Lucian.

His service is unparalleled, and the quality of the finished output is amazing.

Prices as Lucian had mentioned are about right, one thing you need you consider is that you might get charged for import duty (20% of total value), but even taking this into conaideration it still works out cheaper than local printers (plus the material that Lucian uses is so easy to apply with no air bubbles, or long term fade)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I wanted to add my endorsement for Brad's printing services. Brad printed up a full set of decals for me a few months ago, with some additional custom work beyond the normal package. Sorry I took so long to post this, but I've been incredibly slow at this project, and I wanted to wait until it was in a state where I had some pretty pictures to share.

First off, the print quality and media he uses are absolutely top notch. I've read lots of horror stories about how difficult it is to apply decals, but in my case this was just about the easiest part of the entire project. Brad's material is really easy to work - it's tough and forgiving, and maybe most importantly, it truly does seem immune to bubbles. I followed Brad's advice about giving the paint coat a few days to cure before applying - actually waited about a week. They went on perfectly, and still look perfect two months later.

Second, Brad is great to work with. His service and responsiveness were wonderful, but in addition to all that he's a virtual pinball enthusiast himself, so he knows exactly what you're talking about when you use words like "speaker panel" and "backglass". I had some special features I wanted to implement, but didn't know exactly how, and Brad was able to steer me to the right solutions because he knows both the printing side and the pinball side.

The special items were decals for the speaker panel, apron, translite, and flasher panel at the back of the playfield. I'm really happy with the way all that turned out. I was going for that mid-90s WPC look, with custom artwork on the DMD panel, and it turned out exactly like I was hoping. I can put this alongside my ToM and it'll fit right in.

Here are some pics of the finished product. (Mostly finished, anyway; still some work to do on the inside, but it's mostly done cosmetically. The shipping film is still on the rails/lock bar because I haven't "taken delivery" yet. :))

post-89306-142870636089_thumb.jpg

post-89306-142870636093_thumb.jpg

post-89306-142870636095_thumb.jpg

post-89306-142870636099_thumb.jpg

post-89306-142870636102_thumb.jpg