Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

LEGO Batpin Build Blog (46/19/32)

DeeGor

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I just have to figure out why the screen goes black for half a second when I nudge occasionally. I thought I had read something up on it before in another thread.

Loose HDMI or DVI cable? DVI screws in, so it's more likely HDMI (dumb design). I connected my HDMI cables, then strapped the cable to an anchor point on the TV close enough to ensure the HDMI cable end couldn't move easily in the port. Maybe give that a go. Might have to do it on both ends, if you used HDMI at the PC end, too (I didn't - I used DVI to HDMI cables, so my PC end was screwed into the DVI ports. I just had to worry about the TV ends).

EDIT: Oh, there's a known bug with nVidia drivers - just saw that post by Chris. Might be worth strapping down the cables, too, just in case. :)

Ripped out my intake fans and replaced them with these. The old fans were left over from some of my older PC cases and really sounded like a jet turbine when they were running. The new Enermax fans are super silent. I can't even tell they're on. I highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Thanks dopdahl. :)

It's been a little while since I updated this thread.

I had attempted to get someone local to do the artwork, but I think the job was just a little too complex for them. After several weeks of waiting I decided to find someone else to work on the art, and I'm glad I did.

gbeef did a great job!

Here are some samples of the artwork he did for the cabinet

Front:

Batpin-front-sample.PNG?raw=1

Side:

Batpin-side-sample.PNG?raw=1

Backbox:

Batpin-backbox-sample.PNG?raw=1

I'll take some pictures of the final product once the artwork gets here and is applied.

I have compiled a shopping list of nearly all of the parts I purchased for my cabinet. I didn't include shipping costs on anything, though almost everything came with free shipping. I also didn't include an ipac and all the cabling for the cabinet, as I already had that stuff from a previous build. Hopefully some people will find this useful.

Shopping-List

Christmas came a little earlier this year.

My artwork arrived today and it looks better than I expected. :party:

A few quick questions for those who have applied artwork before.

Do you typically have any overlap on the corners where the sides and front meet? If so, which piece overlaps? ie: Do I apply the front piece first, fold over a little excess, then apply the sides or do I apply the sides first, then the front?

If there is no overlap, is there any worry that the artwork will peel away over time and how do you protect it?

Here are a few pictures I took of the artwork.

IMG_0444.JPG?raw=1

IMG_0446.JPG?raw=1

IMG_0447.JPG?raw=1

IMG_0449.JPG?raw=1

IMG_0448.JPG?raw=1

Love the results DeeGor!

Mamemans advice to me was to wrap the side art over to the coin door face (If I remember right MM?!) and Lucian stated that the sides should be trimmed flush.

Mameman also recommended that the corners of my cabinet should be mitered or rebated to help conceal the corners better. The place where I got my cabinet made was not willing/able to miter the corners so in the end I had the ends of the MDF exposed. I trimmed my art flush with the edges as Lucian suggested (as i had already ordered my art to size then got MM's advice) and now the corners of my art lift where my hands sit.

If I did it again, mitered corners and sideart wrapped to coin door.... and heed the advice of a guy that has done more than a couple of cabinets before :D

Nice artwork. Killer print job.

All comes down to how good the corners are and how well the surface prep is. If you have straight clean corners, and your surface is consistent then flush will be fine. Once that adhesive sticks it ain't coming off easy.

Iffy corners or a surface that's not ideal to grip and wrapping slightly is a safer bet.

Nice artwork. Killer print job.

All comes down to how good the corners are and how well the surface prep is. If you have straight clean corners, and your surface is consistent then flush will be fine. Once that adhesive sticks it ain't coming off easy.

Iffy corners or a surface that's not ideal to grip and wrapping slightly is a safer bet.

Going to agree with Mameman here, if the box has good sharp corners and you cut the excess away evenly and cleanly, you will have no problems on the ends. This material I sent to you is HIGHLY aggressive. As long as the wood is clean, you will have no problems. I do not recommend lapping the ends as the thickness of this material will definitely be noticable, but if you do not have sharp coners then you might have to. When I applied my decals I started with the sides first and finished with the coindoor. You are more than welcome to call me DeeGor if you have questions about it.

The corners on my cabinet are pooped. Because I used an original cabinet over 30 years of age.

I wonder how it will go, IF I get artwork.

For now the designing part is holding me back as I am a total No0b when it comes to Photoshop or Illustrator.

Archived