Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Nudging options

northvibe

The UHID-G works very well with the new firmware update.

You have my attention! I've been wondering if the UHID-G would be worth using in a minipin, as it has 8 inputs as well so that would be enough for the buttons I'd want to have.

Did you update the firmware with U-Config? I can't see anything about new firmware specifically for the UHID-G on the website so assume there's just one firmware for all the boards, or else it automatically installs the correct one.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried the nudging capabilities of the new Virtuapin digital plunger? Would like to know if this is a good solution. I know that many people struggled with the Mot-ion plunger's nudging, but was curious if the Virtuapin design works now.

works fine - don't have any issues with mine, no calibration or jitter issues what so ever.

• 3 months later...

The nanotech nudging works very well, but mine has problems keeping calibration. The centers drift a bit (I suspect due to temperature of the cab). You can overcome that by setting a big dead zone, but then you need to use a lot of force to nudge. So, I wrote a little utility to periodically adjusts the centers of the axes, and now I'm pretty happy with it.

Auto centering should be a part of the firmware - or part of the driver. If driver would do autocentering nudging would work great even without recalibration.

You should ask seller/author of nanotech kit to implement it.

There is another idea - vp which is changed very often - could ignore this long time drift of the center and take into account only deltas of joypad movement - not absolute position but delta from last measuring - this is something koadic would probably do in a blink of an eye - and could solve all calibration problems on all devices for ever.

Same autocentering would be great for a plunger axes too - so when you shoot the ball wherever plunger stops - after some time you consider that a new zero - of course this auto correction of zero points on plunger and nudge should be slow enough so that you can shoot the ball without plunger setting all the way back position to new zero :)

First, I agree that this ought to be handled in the Nanotech hardware or a software driver. Given that people have been complaining about this problem since 2010, I wasn't going to hold my breath.

There is another idea - vp which is changed very often - could ignore this long time drift of the center and take into account only deltas of joypad movement - not absolute position but delta from last measuring - this is something koadic would probably do in a blink of an eye - and could solve all calibration problems on all devices for ever.
That was what I was going to do originally, as I run a custom build of VP on my cab to handle directing certain audio to the TV vs the backglass speakers. But I decided to make the calibration center fix a standalone app for two reasons:

1) A fix to VP won't help FP, Pinball Arcade, or any other future project that I don't have source for

2) You need a few seconds of stable activity to zero in on a new center. I wanted this to be sorted out by the time the table was loaded and the game was started. The ideal time to do this is when the cab is idling at the hyperpin wheel.

Archived