Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Digital plunger released

zebulon

Nice job on the launch button feature! It will be great to have just one device for all tables.

Re the port expander, are you thinking of making it a separately available add-on or built into a new version of the controller?

I try to make everything I design backwards compatible so I would be building it into the new controller but would also design a module that plugged into existing units. It would involve a firmware upgrade but I foresee it just being a matter of plugging it inline with one of the existing harnesses and running the update to the firmware.

Retrofitting the new plunger was a breeze. I simply slid the old VP tube off and put the new one from Zeb onto the plunger, screwed the controller to the bottom of my cabinet and plugged it in. Once drivers were installed, I was getting 200K skill shots on BOP instantly. No calibration required. Brilliant!

• 4 weeks later...

Question for those of you running this. How are you handling the 'back a letter' in Hyperpin?

I think the majority of us use our second flipper buttons to spin back and forth an entire letter.

The Hyperpin config sees only one Ctrl press, there is not a keycode for right and left.

And as far as I know joy inputs can't be used. Thanks

All of the primary buttons on the controller are standard default keypresses (flippers, secondary flipper, launch, coin, start, exit). The only joy inputs are the 4 extra inputs as they are more easily configurable in the settings screen of the game software.

What I'm saying is that Hyperpin will see both secondary flipper buttons as a Ctrl press using your device.

So there will be no way to spin both forward and backward a letter, both buttons will do the same thing.

Can the secondary flipper button inputs be changed on the device?

I'm assuming that you are assigning a different key code to the left and right secondary flipper switches then.

The codes can only be changed in the firmware at this point, I have no utility for programming the keycodes before compiling it. I can do a custom firmware for that usage, but it will prevent you from being able to just download any updates as all further updates would have to be likewise configured.

I purchased all the parts to build my own after reading a post on another forum, got as far as installing the board for nudge capability, worked great, but after seeing your version in action and having purchased all my feedback devices from you in the past it was a no brainer to opt for this product :)

The quality of your products is second to none and the after sales support is fantastic too.

Looking forward to receiving this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived