Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Space Invaders cab started!

jahilton2002

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very professional looking cab, I congratulate you sir!

Can I ask what paint you're using and how you're applying it? When I was building cabs 9 times out of 10 we'd finish them in vinyl (which looked the nuts but was a complete nightmare) because we couldn't get the paint blemish free...

This is a very professional looking cab, I congratulate you sir!

Can I ask what paint you're using and how you're applying it? When I was building cabs 9 times out of 10 we'd finish them in vinyl (which looked the nuts but was a complete nightmare) because we couldn't get the paint blemish free...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11477515&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372013}/categories%3C{9372030}/categories%3C{9372120}/specificationsProductType=emulsions

not sure why it looks grey in the pics...... uk based company also.

two coats with a brush then a 3rd coat with a roller.... let the paint go alittle tacky so the roller pulls up the paint so that you get the texture effect.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11477515&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372013}/categories%3C{9372030}/categories%3C{9372120}/specificationsProductType=emulsions

not sure why it looks grey in the pics...... uk based company also.

two coats with a brush then a 3rd coat with a roller.... let the paint go alittle tacky so the roller pulls up the paint so that you get the texture effect.

Cool, My local B&Q is just round the corner from me.

I remember once using some really thick paint which I ran out of before I finished the job and finished it off with some matt motor spray, the two reacted with each other, gave off a dodgy smell, but dryed to a great texture - alas it was something I failed to replicate again..!

Are you going to have this thing sitting in the middle of a room? How are people ever going to appreciate the back of it? It would be cool if you could somehow put a mirror angled on the back wall where this sits to reflect it somehow. I don't know! It's gota have the best looking rearend on a machine that Iv'e ever seen! (unless you include that chick from terminator 3 though, she might have you beat!) Haha! Great work as always!

What type/gauge of wire is that, and where did you get it from? Love that color and look! Man, I just finished wiring my seconnd control panel up, and mine looks like a tangled friggn mess compared to this. The second time around I told myself that I was going to take my time and make it look pretty. It started out nice, but I have RGBs, so it started getting messy really quick. I finnaly said screw it. Haha! I think you've inspired me to redo it.

Archived