Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

rather than stick these posts in one of the build threads, I thought I'd create a thread with some of my latest CNC fun :)

Zeb, mentioned fake coin doors this afternoon, an hour later we have this!

DSC02243.jpg

have not tried it yet but the coin eject holes should be cut to accept the plastic inserts you can get so with a coat of black and a couple cheap inserts it would probably look fairly convincing.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great job!

can you open the doors?

gee you could make complete package for pincab - wooden grill, wooden doors, wooden lockdown bar, maybe even wooden side rails - that looks and feels just like real thing (and better - hands swell less on a wood then on steel, and you can make corners more round so that they don't hurt your hand when you nudge) for a fraction of cost of original parts

Been lurking for awhile now but having seen this thread gotta break my silence!

Mameman why did you have to leave old Blighty?! Seeing your tables has cost me the best part of £1600 so far and not even a piece of wood has been cut! - I hate ya!!

Can't wait to see the finished pics of the cinema room even though I know it will just make me sick!

:beer:

Been lurking for awhile now but having seen this thread gotta break my silence!

Mameman why did you have to leave old Blighty?! Seeing your tables has cost me the best part of £1600 so far and not even a piece of wood has been cut! - I hate ya!!

Can't wait to see the finished pics of the cinema room even though I know it will just make me sick!

:beer:

lol, where abouts in blighty are you?

truth is, most of what i am doing now i would struggle to have done in the UK. space being the biggest one, no way i could have afforded to do the CNC in the UK.

swings and roundabouts :)

update on the latest creations :)

while working on the BSG cabinet and starting 2 P2k builds this weekend, I set the machine up with a few things to cut.

Pistol from bladerunner, needs sanding then finishing.

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02253.jpg

first half of a cylon (toaster) :) will try to do the other half this week

DSC02251.jpg

Wow, what an awesome way to cut wood! :-) Can you share some details of your CNC machine with us here? And maybe a picture or two? I saw player1's links about making your own CNC machine, is that what you did?

Anyway: awesome job!

thanks, couple of inital video's here. very basic cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mameman/videos

will try and get some better more interesting video's this weekend when after i give it a clean. foam is way messy :)

Archived