Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Video Man Hyperspin

Lucian045

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is very outstanding i love the designs the best name for an arcade as well i have to agree with circo on this your got it going mate your arcade is gonna be one of the best in existance you must be proud of yourself to get this far already with it and goodluck in continueing on your project i hope it lives on for you.

Ok so I decided to go with an Ultimate Arcade II style cab http://retroblast.arcadecontrols.com/photos/UAII-Kit/Leader.gif but I will be modifying the build to fit a 32" or 37" widescreen. Checking out sizes now. Thinking 32" is plenty. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Going to build this cab so it can be taken apart as the doorway leading into my game room is not big enough for the cab. Hopefully I'll be starting the build process next week. I'll be updating with pics and info on how I built this cab to come apart in case there are people in the same boat as me.

Artwork is in the process of being explored. Industrial/Steam Punk theme. Don't want to spoil the idea I have for you guys, but think Incredible Hulk/Haggar/Zangief Character meets Terminator with a little retro 80's/Heavy Metal style feel and plenty of sparks. Wow, that's a mouthful! Soon Video Man with be alive.

I did see a comment on the name video man somewhere in this thread and I thought I would share it with you. Growing up this was my name as it seemed every video game I touched either was beaten or netted me the high score among family and friends. They would yell.... Vi-Vi-Vi-VIDEO MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnn which actually pissed me off more than anything. So, when I told my family the name I chose for the cab, what do you think happened? lol

Looking forward to sharing the build with all you guys. Please comment on the screen size if you think about it. Let the building begin!

this is very outstanding i love the designs the best name for an arcade as well i have to agree with circo on this your got it going mate your arcade is gonna be one of the best in existance you must be proud of yourself to get this far already with it and goodluck in continueing on your project i hope it lives on for you.

Thanks Relic

Hey Lucian, I have the same cab and I have a 27" CRT in there. It's plenty big for my 4 player setup. I'm sure the 32" widescreen will be almost the same top to bottom so I think you will like that. How are you going to get it to fit? Decase it and place it wall to wall, or make the cab wider?

Hey Lucian, I have the same cab and I have a 27" CRT in there. It's plenty big for my 4 player setup. I'm sure the 32" widescreen will be almost the same top to bottom so I think you will like that. How are you going to get it to fit? Decase it and place it wall to wall, or make the cab wider?

I'm making the cab wider. How tall and wide is your monitor area now with the 27" CRT?

*Update* Starting the building process today after work. Highly recommend a smart friend and plenty of Beer/Smokes (If you smoke!) and rock music baby!!!! To each there own. Anyway, pieces fit together like a dream. Cut the angle iron and drilled the holes for all the nut inserts. Once the holes were drilled, added some elmers glue into the holes, then screwed the inserts into the MDF below the wood surface. Quick sand. Then took a screw and placed it into the nut insert and straightend out the insert as it did not go in perfectly straight no matter how careful we drilled the holes. Assembled the pieces. The 2 front pieces were mitered, so we used contruction adhesive to fill the gap and decided to finish there tonight. I'll have more pictures tomorrow. So far extremely sturdy and can be taken apart endlessly. We had to take each section apart multiple times to re-drill holes for the next section after we test fit the piece. Once the bottom was all assembled it was rock solid so I put my panel on top to check it out!

1rysug.jpg

25u1ill.jpg

10ridzq.jpg

z8yvd.jpg

2nurshs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE* Box is complete and monitor is mounted. Used a Generic TV mount on some plywood inside the box to hold the monitor. All that is left is the T-molding, painting, and some finishing to get ready for the artwork. Side artwork is coming along and I will post some pics of it later this weekend, but here is a picture of the Marquee which is finished.

mlm255.jpg

a0ccc4.jpg

mm4o41.jpg

rr7dpe.jpg

2rfueis.jpg

Archived