Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Real DMD's In Pinball Cabs

H4CK3R

yup, either the display is dead but if you have sent off and got another back i cant believe they would send out two dead displays, must be the pinDMD?

was it working then died? or never worked?

have you got access to a pinball to quickly test the pinDMD on (can just power it using a usb charger or some thing does not need a pc just power)

I have my virtual cab and it was all working in December did a little re configuring early January and accidentally hooked the display to 12v so i sent the display back. would adding 12v to the dmd also fry the pindmd?

My question is there a way to test the display minus the pindmd?

can anyone with a LEE-128G032-1 take a picture of the u23 chip on the back. I sent my dmd off to vishay in January for a rma and just got it back yesterday and its doing the same thing. After inspecting the board in looks as though a couple of pins are bridged and i wanted to compare to someone else's.

20130418073836.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
is this the 12v vishay plasma display?

been having alot of problems with this, it works for some people but does not work for others, some other people and now running normal high voltage plasmas ok without problems, so it seams to be this 12v vishay which seams to not work for some people.

iv gone over the firmware many times and cant see any problems with the timing. I cant really solve the problem without having a dodgy unit in front of me to play with, i have the exact same display at the moment but the 192x64 version and it works great.

Would you be willing to ship the display to me so i can have a play see whats up? We can insure it for £500 and package it very well.

Let me know :)

Today I got my plasma display back from Russell.

He did a wonderful job adjusting his pindmd software.

The display and pindmd are working flawlessly now.

Thanks again Russell.

• 4 weeks later...

rev630-16.dfu *** 05/05/2013 *

GPIO swapped to OpenDrain to better support xPin DMD's

Does this do anything for the power problem facing the xPin and Pinled displays? or is it not related to that

also: prices for high power plasma screens have gone up by 75% in the last year or so. Just as we are getting an affordable way of using them in our cabs......

Hmmm is this because they are becoming more rare? Or do these companys know people are going to want to use them? so they are bumping the prices up.

The GPIO thing does not fix the power issue, that is a side effect of the DMD electronics not the pinDMD. The change was to fix some issues with some of the xpin displays.

• 5 weeks later...

My pinled display has a developed 3 faulty pixels, over the last month. One dead pixel, and two pixels wont go above medium brightness. I have contacted pinled, and they said: mail the faulty segments to me in a bubblewrap envelope, and you will get new segments. I will be missing 3 segments on my display for quite a while, but it sounds better than shipping the entire display to Germany. An envelope is relatively cheap to send.

Can i operate the display with 3 segments missing?

edit: mailed pinled again: Yes you can use the display with detached segments

Edited by wowter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My pinled display has a developed 3 faulty pixels, over the last month. One dead pixel, and two pixels wont go above medium brightness. I have contacted pinled, and they said: mail the faulty segments to me in a bubblewrap envelope, and you will get new segments. I will be missing 3 segments on my display for quite a while, but it sounds better than shipping the entire display to Germany. An envelope is relatively cheap to send.

Can i operate the display with 3 segments missing?

edit: mailed pinled again: Yes you can use the display with detached segments

i have problem of dead pixel with my pinled.

i have contacted pinled for warranty but no reponse...

do you have a link for module on ebay ?

vulbas, try emailing them again. They responded quite promptly to my requests. I sent them my faulty segments (bubble envelope, only 1,80 euro shipping NL-->DE), and received new segments from pinled within a week)

edit: when you get new segments, dont forget to rotate pin 1 to the top left! orientation does matter!

Edited by wowter

* rev630-16.dfu *** 05/05/2013 *

GPIO swapped to OpenDrain to better support xPin DMD's

Where can I download this firmware, it doesn't appear to be in the pindmd.com firmware folder?

I'm getting a flicker in my X-Pin as seen in the video below, curious if this is the power issue that people are speaking of?

Edited by jasonsmith

This was the first run of the latest board from Brett. It's the DMD with the molex plug on the back, 4096LV-O. It did this right when I fired it up, it went away but could see a very slight flicker most of the time like the refresh rate was low or something and then at the end of a game it started doing what you see.