Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retrocade - bartop

mikekim

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love to see updates to this machines it's the one that got me into arcade building.can you post pics on how you hold your CP in place

simple i can tell you -- if you look at the sides of the photo above the cp is held in place with velcro.. the high tech solution for this build. :P

i'm going to put new velcro strip on when i re attach, i'll post better photos when completed.

simple i can tell you -- if you look at the sides of the photo above the cp is held in place with velcro.. the high tech solution for this build. :P

i'm going to put new velcro strip on when i re attach, i'll post better photos when completed.

Omg what is this new tech you speak of "Velcro" it's sound the stuff of dreams ; )

update

picked up a new smaller router as the MAC one i had was a bit big and cumbersome for building small cabs.

q2qa.jpg

a nice sexy DeWalt D26200

7h1w.jpg

used it to route out the air vents on the back panel before covering the holes with perforated stainless steel sheet

used nutrink connectors for ehternet and usb

will look at painting it shortly

• 2 weeks later...

quick update

upgraded the front buttons, as the player 1 & 2 buttons had the screen printed images wearing off due to use.

replaced them all with illuminated buttons with custom designed inserts, printed on transparent, self adhesive sheet

fwgv.jpg

will power them from the 5v rail of the psi

quick update

upgraded the front buttons, as the player 1 & 2 buttons had the screen printed images wearing off due to use.

replaced them all with illuminated buttons with custom designed inserts, printed on transparent, self adhesive sheet

fwgv.jpg

will power them from the 5v rail of the psi

did you print those yourself? where did you get the transparent, self adhesive sheet?

Yes idid print them myself. The transparent sheet came from ebay, I picked up a couple of sheets when I printed the buttons for my mini mvs cab

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I got the same buttons, I wanted to do the same thing with them now I know what to print them on thanks:)

• 3 weeks later...

What color tops do you have on the ServoStiks? I've only found them in Red or Black, which I can't imagine look as good on your build...

hope everyones sitting down.....

:party::party:update:party::party:

Yep the Retrocade is a couple of years old, and all the new requests for information about the cab design, has prompted me to start looking at the cab with a view to some improvements..

Updates planned

• Auto switching 4/8 way controls.

I have managed to shoehorn in the servos to allow automatic 4/8 way switching for games

x405.jpg

its a tight fit but they seem to go in ok.

I didn't have to change the existing joysticks as the Servo Stik Arcade Joystick is the same base as the Sanwas that i originally used.

just had to swap over the 4/8 way restrictor plates and fit the servos

also picked up a Servo Stick Control Board that enables the servos to work. will be playing with this and configuring the hyperspin xmls accordingly

• New t-molding

i was never happy with the 10mm black t-molding, so have picked up some 15mm white T-Molding from arcadeworlduk.

this will be put on in the next couple of weeks.

• New back panel

the original back panel that came with the kit was made from 3mm hardboard in two sections and is now looking tatty.

this will be replaced with an 8mm MDF panel which i can route out the air vents, rear usb and power sockets properly.

I also need to find some more upvc hockey stick moulding for the marquee, as i robbed this to use on the mini MVS build.

progress updates will be posted as they occur..

[/resume normal programming]

i didn't change the joysticks (as the servo sticks fit the Sanwas i already had installed - i only had to swap over the 4/8 restrictor plates) so the tops of the joysticks are still white.

if you however want white bat tops, arcadeworlduk sell them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I hope to use the original Retrocade artwork with a slight modification -- making the control panel / front panel into one continuous piece of art so that the monster lines up correctly.

Does anyone have a copy of the original PSD, including the monster on the control panel as an editable layer?

Thanks so much!

Owen

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I hope to use the original Retrocade artwork with a slight modification -- making the control panel / front panel into one continuous piece of art so that the monster lines up correctly.

Does anyone have a copy of the original PSD, including the monster on the control panel as an editable layer?

Thanks so much!

Owen

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, scarily enough, I do still have the original psd files.. if you let me know the complete size of the control panel and front panels combined I'll sort you out a custom graphic.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

its really surprising what you find when you start looking through old image files...

here are the original designs i had for the retrocade artwork before i decided on the Invaders theme:

Marquee

fwrb.png

Side

3us1.png

Control Panel

3w2d.png

Front Panel

t1lf.png

This is one area where I really need to pick up...need to put some hours into photoshop

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scarily enough these files are over two years old..

I don't use photoshop as much now as I used to years ago

hope everyones sitting down.....

:party::party:update:party::party:

Yep the Retrocade is a couple of years old, and all the new requests for information about the cab design, has prompted me to start looking at the cab with a view to some improvements..

Updates planned

• Auto switching 4/8 way controls.

I have managed to shoehorn in the servos to allow automatic 4/8 way switching for games

x405.jpg

its a tight fit but they seem to go in ok.

I didn't have to change the existing joysticks as the Servo Stik Arcade Joystick is the same base as the Sanwas that i originally used.

just had to swap over the 4/8 way restrictor plates and fit the servos

also picked up a Servo Stick Control Board that enables the servos to work. will be playing with this and configuring the hyperspin xmls accordingly

• New t-molding

i was never happy with the 10mm black t-molding, so have picked up some 15mm white T-Molding from arcadeworlduk.

this will be put on in the next couple of weeks.

• New back panel

the original back panel that came with the kit was made from 3mm hardboard in two sections and is now looking tatty.

this will be replaced with an 8mm MDF panel which i can route out the air vents, rear usb and power sockets properly.

I also need to find some more upvc hockey stick moulding for the marquee, as i robbed this to use on the mini MVS build.

progress updates will be posted as they occur..

[/resume normal programming]

Mike,

Is the ServoStik control board attached in this picture?

Or do you have it attached elsewhere on the cab, and wired?

Archived