Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Glad the parts list and the thread in general helped some people out. I got tons of help from others on this site so it was the least I could do to give back to the community. I wished I could find a specific parts list with links when I built my cab so I figured I'd just make one myself. :-)

I am helping a couple friends build right now with exactly the same parts as mine so I am really putting my wiring diagrams and pictures to the test. We'll see how good and thorough I was when I made them. :-)

Thanks

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

POST UPDATED:

I took down all the pics of the sample artwork. The art is now nearly final and I will be posting those pics SOON! Thank you all for the comments!

Ok. Here are some sample art pieces. These are not final, but I wanted some input.

Pics removed....Final versions coming SOON!

Let's hear it guys. I'm sure Josh won't mind any ideas either. I like getting some outside opinions. Sometimes you look at something so much you miss stuff.

Thanks

Bill

Looking good, don't like the idol myself either. Like the front with the logo at the bottom where it should be. I like the cracks. You need some artwork or word where you plunger or start button will be. Maybe even start done on an Indy font. Don't think you need the ball on the front as its pretty much covered by the coin door and a little tough to work out what it is with only that little bit showing. Sides are nice, given the pinball nature the scene where Indy is being chased by the boulder kinda makes more sense. Head sides I don't really get at this point . You thought about doing any inside panel artwork also ?

My feedback would be if you're going to use the big pinball ball image don't make it transparent. It looks like a soap bubble instead of a metal ball when you let things bleed through it like that. Be a lot better to take the wall texture or environment and map it over the ball as a reflection. Something like this quick and dirty example (I know you're not using this image but it was easier to isolate ball on this one):

quick-dirty-ball-map.jpg

Now if you're doing that for real it will take a bit more care than that 20 second slop, a real reflection on a metal ball is going to have a top and bottom, with the bottom environment wrapping around the bottom 2/3rds of the ball, and top in a smaller hot spot up top, like this:

pinball-chrome.png

Thanks maxxsinner for spending some time with my last week. I appreciate the electrical help! :five:

Flipper LED's tested and working.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15402[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15403[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15404[/ATTACH]

I have a quick question in regards to the RGB flipper LED's...They are listed as 5 volt, are you driving them through a relay? or did you up the voltage to 12 volts?

Sides are nice, given the pinball nature the scene where Indy is being chased by the boulder kinda makes more sense.

100% this. The sides should be Indy being chased by the boulder, except the boulder is a giant pinball. The front is cool, I kind of like the cracks as well. Logo should definitely be on the bottom. Try adding Start and Launch ball in the Indy font as Mameman suggested. No idea what to do with the head though. Maybe this bad ass image of Indy (since it's vertical like the head)

post-28384-142870585858_thumb.jpg

I have a quick question in regards to the RGB flipper LED's...They are listed as 5 volt, are you driving them through a relay? or did you up the voltage to 12 volts?

For the 5v flipper LEDs just take the 5v from the pc. I just hacked one of the power connectors and took the 5v from there.

ze6e8esu.jpg

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Bill

For the 5v flipper LEDs just take the 5v from the pc. I just hacked one of the power connectors and took the 5v from there.

ze6e8esu.jpg

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Bill

And they are controlled through the LED-Wiz on 3 separate channels?

I though all the devices on the LED-Wiz in that same bank (ie 1-8) had to have the same voltage...

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Thanks.

And they are controlled through the LED-Wiz on 3 separate channels?

I though all the devices on the LED-Wiz in that same bank (ie 1-8) had to have the same voltage...

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Thanks.

Let me take a look at mine. I'm going off memory and its been a whole since I did those. :-)

Bill

da_bever, maybe it helps if I explain what I did to use those leds:

1) I have a ledwiz powered by USB and GND connected to the GND terminal where all other devices interconnect their GND.

2) Each ledwiz channel goes to a separate channel on a booster board (developed by forum member zebulon). Each booster board is capable of 16 channels, so I needed 2.

3) For each booster board to work, you have to supply 5V (I used Bill's solution and cut up a molex from my PSU) and 12V (from a separate PSU).

4) Connect all the bling to the booster boards, in this case the 5V RGB led's for the flipper buttons. In case of using RGB leds (regardless of voltage), you have to hook them up on three consecutive channels and in the order of Red, Green, Blue (that's a ledwiz requirement).

So: Ledwiz powered by USB, connected to booster board which takes 5V and 12V. Connect the RGB leds on three consecutive channels, for example (in my case): 4 (red), 5 (green), 6(blue). I use those three for all four flipper buttons, otherwise it would "cost" three channels on the ledwiz per button. That means that all 4 buttons always have the same color.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks in advance Bill...I'm working on the wiring diagram and I'm stuck here...

Ok. I checked mine. It is spliced into a 5v power cable from the pc. The colors each go to the ledwiz. I know what u mean about each bank being 12v or 24v. I don't have a technical answer though but this is how mine is and they work fine. I did check the voltage on the flipper LEDs and it's 8.4v. Maybe that's because the ground is going to the 12v bank and the + is 5v. Not sure. I am sure maxxsinner or another electrical guy could answer it for u. Better than I can. This is how mine is wired though.

Bill

Ok. I checked mine. It is spliced into a 5v power cable from the pc. The colors each go to the ledwiz. I know what u mean about each bank being 12v or 24v. I don't have a technical answer though but this is how mine is and they work fine. I did check the voltage on the flipper LEDs and it's 8.4v. Maybe that's because the ground is going to the 12v bank and the + is 5v. Not sure. I am sure maxxsinner or another electrical guy could answer it for u. Better than I can. This is how mine is wired though.

Bill

Thanks so much...

I truly appreciate the help.

-Michael

Thanks so much...

I truly appreciate the help.

-Michael

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ill go back and update that post with the flipper LEDs for how I powered them.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. Need some help!

My artwork is almost done. Mameman had an idea of doing 'Indy style' button labels. Not just the font but the words as well (i.e.. instead of just 'start' having it say 'start adventure'. Stuff like that.)

I have 4 buttons.

START

EXTRA BALL (actually used as insert coin since I have no idea what extra ball should be configured as or why I need it)

EXIT

LAUNCH BALL

Help me out with some creative Indy style wording for them. I can always stick with the basics if we can't come up with any for one or a couple of them. They need to be short though. No sentence long quotes or anything.

Thanks guys!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived