Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cheated by connecting the switch to the power switch on the computer and then plugging everything into a green power switch (in my case just the arcade machines psu) as a slave with the computer as master. Hit the button and the computer turns on with the arcade psu a fraction of a second later. works really well. i intend to do that with my pin as well. Something like this would fit the bill

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPower-7050SG-7-Outlet-Surge-Protector/14968093?findingMethod=rr

I purchased this and it works, except it appears my PC power supply constantly draws enough current to keep the strip active, even when the PC is off. The physical switch on the p/s must still be flipped to shut everything else down.

I purchased this and it works, except it appears my PC power supply constantly draws enough current to keep the strip active, even when the PC is off. The physical switch on the p/s must still be flipped to shut everything else down.

Check your bios setting, some have a function to keep the USB and or mainboard lights powered which will do what you are seeing.

Check your bios setting, some have a function to keep the USB and or mainboard lights powered which will do what you are seeing.

Hi Mameman,

That was my first thought. To eliminate the bios as the cause, I removed the p/s from the PC entirely and it still triggers the strip. I wonder what type component the strip users to monitor the power draw. Maybe it can be swapped for one with a higher threshold.

Thanks,

Matt

Wow, this is the most detailed thread i have seen. This is what its all about. It's like our own circle of life : starting out like, what the heck is hyperpin? Asking all the questions ,figuring out how it works, figure out how to build, build , post your build , and now your answering all the questions, giving back to the community.:)

You might get a sticky if you keep this up. There is just way too much good info on here.

That being said, the five flashers change colors for each table on their own or do you have to set each table the way you want and what color. Like for "creature of the black lagoon" , will there be nothing but green or alot more then normal to go with the table? Will your flipper buttons and fans go green too?

Thx and keep up the high quality work.

Hello,

These Cree LEDs list at a max of 350ma. Why would a resistor from the LED-Wiz be needed for these? I though it was only the 700ma ones that needed to be cut down.

Thanks,

Matt

I will defer to one of the experts for a good explanation of why these are still needed. (maxsinner, chriz99, mameman, zeb, etc).

Ok....another Monday morning update with the weekends progress. Got the LED panel mounted, playfield TV and glass in and everything all fired up. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :thrasher: Here's some pics and details.

I used one L bracket on each side of the back of the LED panel to mount it. Fit perfectly and was very easy to mount. (my .02 cents on TV sizes. This TV fits so perfectly that it made some parts of the install MUCH easier. Totally worth the extra money going 46" if you ask me.)

post-27857-142870575491_thumb.jpg

You can see that the LED panel goes right to the playfield TV. No empty space (well maybe a mm or so, but I wanted that there so I could get the tv without scraping it against the panel.)

post-27857-142870575494_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575496_thumb.jpg

From the front with the playfield glass installed as well.

post-27857-142870575498_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575521_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575501_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

Just have to install the knocker and get the software up and running next. I have the knocker wired, but am debating how to mount it still. I also have to figure out how to get the backglass TV to turn on when the cabinet turns on. I have to use the remote every time as it is now. Really don't want to keep it that way.

Good catch. I forgot that on my list. Probably isn't the only thing I forgot either.

Here you go:

- Slotted Wire Duct (LINK)

Found another one :) Rosewill RFG-080 80mm Fan Grill / Guard http://www.ebay.com/itm/300615596520?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1823wt_1396. Amazing list of parts Bill55, I really appreciate your hard work putting the parts list together with links. :beer:

So I followed the install tutorial at vpforums for pincabs. Got uvpserver, hyperpin, visual pinball 9, and vpinmame cab build Installed. In the tutorial he walks you through installing the Twister table and changing the script to point to uvp. That table loaded and I had it running along with the dmd on my third screen. Wasn't getting a back glass though.

The main problem I had was with other tables. I tried Addams Family, Indy, and Scared Stiff. As soon as I try to load the table in visual pinball 9 the app crashes. The bar goes across showing it loading then I get the error about the software encountering a problem and must be closed. I dont even get it loaded in the editor to try and click on play. It crashes as soon as you load it. Any ideas? Twister did work, but that was hardly the demo table I was looking for. :-)

Help!

Bill55- you have a great list at the start of this thread. I'm using it to source my electrical components. I've read most of the thread, but not each and every post yet. Am I missing something or have you not posted anything in regards to the sound system components?

So I followed the install tutorial at vpforums for pincabs. Got uvpserver, hyperpin, visual pinball 9, and vpinmame cab build Installed. In the tutorial he walks you through installing the Twister table and changing the script to point to uvp. That table loaded and I had it running along with the dmd on my third screen. Wasn't getting a back glass though.

The main problem I had was with other tables. I tried Addams Family, Indy, and Scared Stiff. As soon as I try to load the table in visual pinball 9 the app crashes. The bar goes across showing it loading then I get the error about the software encountering a problem and must be closed. I dont even get it loaded in the editor to try and click on play. It crashes as soon as you load it. Any ideas? Twister did work, but that was hardly the demo table I was looking for. :-)

Help!

I had the same problem early on with vp9 crashing on table load. Turned out I had somehow installed v9.0.2 instead of the latest v9.1.2. Once I updated the exe to v9.1.2, no more crashes...

Archived