Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

High Voltage pin 46/27/DMD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for missing your question Neo. Work has had me pinned down with only 3 days of in the past 2 1/2 months and 12 - 14 hour shifts!

I am using 550ti Nvidia cards for this build. They served me faithfully on the last build.

Update time......

Artwork was finished by Shadman and printed by Lucian

Had a little drama with Shadman having to resize a few things as Mameman and I discussed a little while back regarding the layout, but we sorted things out.

The prints by Lucian are unbelievable and he is super friendly to deal with. Cannot recommend him enough. Thanks Lucian!! :congrats:

gallery_12_2_2792211.jpg

HV's twin sister - Kinpin Bride of pinbot

20120911_165642.jpg

Artwork design was done by Josh and I just wish I could get a photo to justify how brilliant it has turned out. Thanks again Josh! :adore:

Prints done by Lucian again.

Onto the wiring stage. Going to stick my head in these cabs for a couple of days and shut the world out. See how much I can get done.

• 3 months later...

Hey Max

Really glad I found this thread being a fellow Victorian.

I am just starting out so it helps alot to see where you have sourced all you pinball parts from.

Can't wait to see some more updates.

Also thanks for the Electrical 101 guide

Cheers Paul

Hey Clickaus. Nice to see another Aussie on the forums let alone another Victorian. I am seriously overdue to update this thread, but don't hesitate to pm me for any help you need.

Thanks Maxx

I am sure I will need lots of help once I get started, I am still in the planning stages.

It helps alot reading what other people have done.

Cheers Paul

• 5 months later...

Well this thread has been neglected for waaaaaay too long.

Real life stuff and other projects got in the road of my builds over the past few months. But I finally got back out the shed to get a bit more done.

The Kingpin cabinet is almost complete, only awaiting glass and a bit of paint to finish her off.

Painted the bezel last weekend (Apologies for the bad pics)

20130907_151022.jpg

Put it into the cab with foam down each side for some padding and a brace board underneath

20130907_165205.jpg

Installed a small gap filler at the end of the monitor

20130913_185128.jpg

Installed the lockdown bar and side rails

20130909_053922.jpg

Labeled the buttons and a few other finishing touches. Really happy with the end result.

20130913_194209.jpg

Installed a set of RWB high powered LED's with their own control board for beacons.

Here is a little demo of them in use on F-14 tomcat

Next step is to finish my High Voltage cabinet.......

and then find time to tinker with this new little toy :)

20130908_104044.jpg

Dont think so neo cause the side rails + the lock down bar determin the length of the cabinet.

The design I used for these two cabinets were straight from Mameman's widebody plans, except for the extra 18mm with the misunderstanding between Troy and I.

So I think the gap is normally around 20mm? Someone else able to confirm this?

I know Bill that did Indiana Jones angled the LED stip at the back of his cabinet a little to compenstate for the gap. I liked the look but wanted to keep my LEDs pointing straight to get the most light out them.

Another fine job from you Brad with Josh's artisic skills. :)

Certainly is Greg. :) 600 x 900 cutting size so not as big as I would like but it's the biggest I could fit in my little workshop. Still working on the control gear as the one that come with it was less than quality so I have started from scratch. Might have my own CNC fun thread in a few months. :D

Another fine job from you Brad with Josh's artisic skills. :)

Certainly is Greg. :) 600 x 900 cutting size so not as big as I would like but it's the biggest I could fit in my little workshop. Still working on the control gear as the one that come with it was less than quality so I have started from scratch. Might have my own CNC fun thread in a few months. :D

cool, i'd go with a gecko controller and mach 3. seems to work well.

hurry up and get it working, I have not looked at a rotating forth axis yet but looks a cool thing to be able to do. You can be the guinea pig on this one :)

Where's the photo of Pinbot with the KP tattoo? I loved making this design for you and your bro! I'm a sucker for purple and the old meets new with the custom planets and heavy saturated colors was a true winner. I'm so jazzed to see it up and running. Congrats man!!

Ok, here she is. Couldn't help but post her cute butt. This was a true passion design, great stuff. Thanks again Maxsinner!!!

post-20148-142870602697_thumb.jpg

Cheers Zeb. No doubt I will be like a 2 year old when I first get my machine hooked up with a thousand inane questions and cheers for the optos mate. :)

The colors and art dfwArcade are some of the best I have seen you produce! (bias opinion warning :) ) all the elements tie in perfectly and the tribal style image on the side panel is like the perfect finishing touch. Look forward to working with you again!

Archived