Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Tredog's Mini-Pin Arcade Cabinet

Tredog

Thanks Guys! Re-installed the buttons, Speakers, and volume control / Wired up the Led Buttons as well. Question, I had originally planned to tape off and spray paint the back side of the play field and back glass. Any reason not to or other suggestion instead? Anything special I should do when spray painting glass?

Here are the latest pics:

pin43.jpg

pin44.jpg

pin45.jpg

pin46.jpg

pin47.jpg

So, I was in such a zone wiring up the cab and setting up the PC components, that I forgot to run the Power Button. :( As of now, all I have remaining to complete hardware wise is:

Run the power button :)

Tape off and spray paint the 2 panes of glass

add the final 2 fans and attach it to the back of the cabinet.

Here are the latest pics:

pin48.jpg

pin49.jpg

pin50.jpg

pin51.jpg

pin52.jpg

pin53.jpg

Everything is finished except spraying the back of the glass. All software changes after that. Turned out way better than I expected, but also more expensive than originally planned. Tonight I added the back with 2 fans, USB/Audio outlet, and Wifi Antenna. Mounted the play field screen and ran the power button of course. Probably won't get a chance to spray the glass till closer to the weekend (Too Cold here in Cincy for now).

Latest Pics:

pin54.jpg

pin55.jpg

Started painting the glass today. First I marked out the viewable area on the front of the glass with painters tape. Then flipped it over and lined up on the inside of the tape from the front. Only doing one direction at a time to make sure I have perfect corners. First experimental glass was the cheaper backglass, in case I mess up. Here are the pics so far:

pin56.jpg

pin57.jpg

I used Valspar Color Radiance Paint & Primer Flat Black (says for wood, metal, plastic on front) but lists ceramics & more on back. I used flat so it would spray more evenly, and will be glossy on the other side of glass anyway. You also can apply the second coat within 20 minutes, dry to touch in 30. Turned out good, just cleaned the glass well and blew off any dust particles before starting. Looks the same as any custom picture frame glass. I also did not go all the way to the edge of the viewable screen. Since I left the bezel on the monitors, I used black tape over any lettering/led's, and made the border go about a 1/4in away from screen (better viewing angle - playfield glass is 1/4in thick - backglass 3/32in thick)

Hard to get good pictures, this thing is so reflective now. Will post one of the play glass once it is finished drying.

pin58.jpg

pin59.jpg

pin60.jpg

pin61.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Your table looks amazing! How do you get future pinball to display fully? I can change the views, but none of them lay it out flat against the screen, they all have a diagonal view point.

Better explanation:

Yours look like this, is which is what I want.

post-12911-0-06850500-1454845962_thumb.jpg

Mine looks like this... :(

post-12911-0-93273400-1454845816_thumb.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated...

All the best,

Bruce....

It's in the settings....  Preferences, Video / Rendering Options, Playfield -> Set FullScreen, Arcade Mode, Wide Screen and Rotation.   If you want to save time, look into BAM, this will save you tons of time as it gets the tables close and you can adjust and save them while you have them running.

Total cost?

Tapatalk signature

Around $1600 easily after all is said and done, if you are buying everything new, plus labor.  However, I had some of the parts available, so out of pocket, I was just under $1000.  I documented some early costs in the second post.

• 1 year later...

Version 2 is on the way.  Main Changes (so far) are 27" Playfield that fits perfecting from top to bottom and 19" Backglass Screen.  Also mostly glued together and Adjustable legs to keep it to scale or raise it up to a comfortable playing height.

Rick

20170514_153633.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived