Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that I could contribute to your project; I have tried putting the flash together using a sequencer, but sadly I know just a little about Action Script so I have had no luck. I have asked one of my guys to take a look at it, so I'll see how that pans out. When it comes time (or the need) for any software to communicate between the game, or controls I'd be happy to take a look at it for you! Keep up the awesome work!

so.... maybe I'm a little behind, but if this was an actual game back in the day, should there be a rom dump of some sorts to use in mame, or am I truly tricked by disney trying to fake revive a non existing retro machine... Great work on the bezel man!

any luck out there for a cab version on the game? wish I knew how to rip it my self to share with everyone!

edit:

duh

"Fix-It Felix Jr. is seen in the movie Wreck-It Ralph, and Disney has produced promotional display cabinets as part of the marketing of the film. Whether this arcade game itself will be released for the public to play is unknown at this time; a web version of the game is playable courtesy of Disney." - IGN

so.... maybe I'm a little behind, but if this was an actual game back in the day, should there be a rom dump of some sorts to use in mame, or am I truly tricked by disney trying to fake revive a non existing retro machine... Great work on the bezel man!

any luck out there for a cab version on the game? wish I knew how to rip it my self to share with everyone!

lol oh dear you've been had :) you can play it on the website tho !!!

*** i was too slow :(

I have all of the flash files ripped already. The game uses a total of 8 separate flash files and loads them using a playlist. The problem with putting it all together is that the game checks so much data prior to playing recompiling it would be a very pain in the arse feat. That is how I got all of the sprites, sounds, fonts, and so forth; by using the individual flash files that I ripped. The games basic structure is this:

- Disney Loader

---Mikogi statistical services

---Application Play List Viewer

---Disney Communications Encoder

-- Scenes 1

-- Scenes 2

-- Scenes 3

-- Sound 1

-- Sound 2

-- Sprites 1

-- Sprites 2

-- Sprites 3

-- Mask 1

-- Mask 2

-- Fonts 1

-- Fonts 2

No doubt that Disney made the game so complex to detour all the would be flash rippers, but I am sure that it won't be too long before someone figures out how to put it all together. If anybody wants the individual frame files then I would be happy to supply them so they can have a go at compiling it as an AIO. :)

From what I was reading they first released it in the galaga/pacman cabinet and then they decided to put it in a Nintendo cab. I am almost finished with the CPO design, just have a few graphics to add, wording to change. I have been tracing these google images line by line, so far put 4 hours of work into this and I cannot wait to get this printed and on my cab! **Notice I just used the DK CPO.. Disney probably used the DK art files on the arcade vector sites as well.. lol

ControlPanel_FixItFelix_Sample.jpg

I will share these art files once I get them designed and put together and pics up of the cabinet finished, just want to make sure I am the first to get it done. :P I have a few sets I am printing and sending to people so after mine we should start seeing a few more Fix it Felix Jr's around. :) Art files will be JPG and EPS and high quality. They are sized to fit a Nintendo Cab perfectly. I should be done with the entire design by Sunday. Unless my gf says I dont spend enough time with her.. LOL.. which is always..

Everything in a set for $75 shipped (USA) (more for international of course) for KLOV and Hyperspin members. 2 side art graphics, CPO graphic, bezel, and marquee. All EcoSolvent Inkjet, not screen printed.

I am not making any money from it, just want to share the fun of being able to have this custom cab. :)

If you program a clone make a character in there that looks like me!! LOL Wreck-It-Ralph, Fix-It-Felix, Ridiculous-Rick, Rockstar-Rain, Silly-Sorph...I could keep going... lol looks like a rockstar lineup to me.. hahaha

:edit.. I want to be in the game sitting naked at my window drinking a beer.. lol

Something to think about.. Do you think this movie will make arcade gaming more popular and maybe have at least a little comeback? Maybe its just me but a month ago I was thinking about how I see more and more craigslist ads with arcades and I keep hearing more people talk about them randomly. Maybe it is already getting popular again and this movie is going to light the fire. If so then arcades will be worth more but on the other hand also be harder to find.. Hmm... maybe I should stock up on as many arcade games as I can find now.. LOL

Just think of the new batch of HS users it will bring in, and all the repeat question over and over and over.... lol

Yeah, I'm kind of new to HyperSpin; and based on your post I figured you might could help me. Does HyperSpin play NES games? Is it okay if I build a cab and sell it on eBay using HyperSpin as the primary selling point? What games does HyperSpin emulate? HyperSpin won't launch my game. Is there a Mac or Linux version of HyperSpin? Any help you could give me would be appreciated, oh and by the way I am willing to buy a complete setup. Thanks, and it's great to meet you all!

Oh man, you could build a cab with absolutely zero CPU overhead, I too wish emulation was more advanced on that platform. Given the lightness of the kernel you could probably play most games at near 100%. Niceness personified!

Great thread. Is it just me or did Disney miss target their game by about 2 years? The graphics of Fix it Felix Jr seem to be more around 1984 rather than 1982? I think they were stuck with wanting 30 years as their target (sounds better than saying "28 years later..."). LOL

Archived