Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin for Sale

jedfactor

There seem to be an ever increasing number of people selling hyperspin on youtube, obviously there is a demand for this type of product. And it would be better to buy a hyperpsin setup that was officially made and was supported by all the artists who make all the themes, wheels etc.

So my question is will the hyperspin team ever create a hyperspin product, and or what are they going to do about all the people selling drives currently, I can only see the problem getting worse unless someone takes action to make an official product.

Those people are mostly frowned upon since they're taking artwork and vids which require paid donations, then essentially selling them off while we get no credit or anything. I don't mind sharing what I make with the public and even non-subscribers, but I don't like seeing my stuff I spent ages working on being sold for profit by a stinking leech.

Here is a clown selling a Hyperspin HDD that contains my framed menu wheels (crylen logo art, my borders/tweaks) and also my entire Super Famicom setup, with the themes, wheels and even all the videos I did for Emumovies:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?33670-Super-Famicom-Set-*beta*

http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/topic/9718-super-nintendo-super-famicom-updated-66-videos/

/Upload Here/DamnedRegistrations/Nintendo Super Famicom

/Upload Here/DamnedRegistrations/Wheels/Widescreen Framed Menu Wheels

I am tempted to contact him and ask for royalty checks :P

I believe that you can actually claim the video as yours in youtube if it uses any of your art. Youtube has gone the same way as Ebay and Papal. It always airs on the side of those with the most to loose. It costs nothing to flag the video as using your Art and it would mean that the person showing the vid would have to prove otherwise. Its becomes a pain in the ass in the end :D Even if you flag it and its wrong... still nothing happens to those accusing ;)

Sad part is that these idiots are right here among us and probably ask us for help all the time.

We should all take the time to flag every single one of these videos and make the effort to find out who these people are and ban them for good.

This guy is the worst. He even bashes the community:

A start would be to get hypersync up to speed for all supported and unsupported systems then the need to buy a preconfigged drive would be lower. As it is bow it takes months to hunt down all media.

I think this is the kind of thing that needs to be done, it seems like hypersync hasn't been updated for ages, and the official and unofficial xml's haven't been updated either.

If you can complain to youtube about the use of your videos and artwork that would be good, it isn't right that other people are profiting off of your work without you getting any compensation yourselves.

Chris Upchurch says that the forums are unsupportive but I have received nothing but great support from the forums.

The guy retro arcade looks like he has bought one of Chris upchurch's drives and is now reselling it with some added extras, there's nothing to stop someone from copying their drives and then doing the same thing lol.

Sad part is that these idiots are right here among us and probably ask us for help all the time.

We should all take the time to flag every single one of these videos and make the effort to find out who these people are and ban them for good.

This guy is the worst. He even bashes the community:

you could be one of them.......

side note: i saw my casio pv-1000 setup in one of those drives for sale....and i was like "finally"....some recognition for my crappy hard work!

side note: i saw my casio pv-1000 setup in one of those drives for sale....and i was like "finally"....some recognition for my crappy hard work!

HAHA. Dude its like a honorary thing now. If you work gets ripped off and showcased its a badge of honor. It means it was good enough for someone to profit from.

Errrr no - I am not one of them. If I was I wouldn't be here asking for help all the time. Either that or I would be selling really crappy setups.

I believe that you can actually claim the video as yours in youtube if it uses any of your art. Youtube has gone the same way as Ebay and Papal. It always airs on the side of those with the most to loose. It costs nothing to flag the video as using your Art and it would mean that the person showing the vid would have to prove otherwise. Its becomes a pain in the ass in the end :D Even if you flag it and its wrong... still nothing happens to those accusing ;)

Yes. simply flag the video and file a formal dmca claim. when asked for more info from youtube, simply link to the thread where your original art was placed.

btw: looking through one of the vids, i noticed this mame theme. Anyone know where i can get it?

post-36788-142870671824_thumb.jpg

Yes. simply flag the video and file a formal dmca claim. when asked for more info from youtube, simply link to the thread where your original art was placed.

btw: looking through one of the vids, i noticed this mame theme. Anyone know where i can get it?

Bigawhoo made the original PSD file. I modified it a bit into what you see there. My version says arcade classics instead of mame and it's on my FTP folder. The Mame banner was added by Unknown and I believe it can be found in the Unified Theme folder in the FTP.

Yes. simply flag the video and file a formal dmca claim.

Didn't Keltoigael try that when Upchurch ripped his intro videos off?

Also according to UpCunt and his invisible band of lawyers, it's quite OK to download Roms. So if says it's OK, why hide the hobby at all, come out of the closet Rom lovers.

Bigawhoo made the original PSD file. I modified it a bit into what you see there. My version says arcade classics instead of mame and it's on my FTP folder. The Mame banner was added by Unknown and I believe it can be found in the Unified Theme folder in the FTP.

ah great thanks :)

Ah this old Chestnut, I've tried to get the videos removed in the past, didn't want to link back to forums though and they said without proof that you originally made the artwork they can't remove the videos so Youtube is no help.

I do however, keep Hyperspin out of Ebay, getting updates if anything is put up for sale and I get them knocked off all the time, come to think of it, it's been a few weeks since there's been any. And from personal experience, if you want to chase these pricks down just make sure that you don't blame anyone here cause you could be connecting dots that aren't there. Best to politely message a mod about suspicions.

Short of tracking them down IRL and breaking their legs there's not much more we can do unless someone has access to a botnet and can Ddos them. It's just a fact of life we have to get used to. IMO HS should never be something that's sold as a product, as that would increase scrutiny toward our great community that we don't need.

I have plans in the next few years to work on an Intel NUC custom case and controllers with HS branding, so it's entirely possible to come up with a product that we could all put together separately and have a HS console, and again - this is the kind of thing that if shared here would inevitably attract the trolls and UpC*nts of the world. It's unfortunate but we have to live with it. OTOH if you encounter Upchurch on the street, please push him into oncoming traffic.

I seriously doubt any of us has even one complete set of cartridges/arcade boards/ cd-roms of any of the systems we play in hyperspin. Maybe a handful at best. I know it's a dirty move to sell the artwork, and I completely agree it's just downright wrong because of the hard work all the amazing artists put into it here. But at the same time, I don't really see how we have much to fall back on principle-wise ya know?

Archived