Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sega Naomi Emulator

Styphelus

Finally setting up Sega Naomi.

Which emulator should I use? I've heard some say Demul, Makaron and even NullDC.

Most of the stuff I've been reading is a couple years old. Just trying to figure this one out.

My computer is a beast so I'm not worried about performance, just the one with best compatibility.

Any recommendations?

What version of Demul are you using? Hyperlist was made for version 5.6 so that's what I had setup a while back but never really configured it properly. Is there any advantage to using a newer version of Demul?

I have Demul 5.8 but it has a ton of issues with SweetFX shaders. Just wondering if 5.6 for Naomi is enough!

Yes, you can use SweetFX to add shaders to your emulators. I use a nice scanline shader for SSF (Saturn), NullDC (Dreamcast) and WinAUE (CD 32 and Amiga). Let me know if you want them and I'll drop them in the FTP for you.

With Demul however, it stopped using DX9 in version 5.6 and SweetFX won't work with DX11 and Win 8.1. I got shadders working with it but they look terrible.

I'll go ahead with Demul 5.8 than. I have a modified module that adds a bezel and I created bezels with scaliness. After a few tries, last night I finally created a good set of scanlines that look really close to the real thing. Guess I'll use that instead.

Yes, you can use SweetFX to add shaders to your emulators. I use a nice scanline shader for SSF (Saturn), NullDC (Dreamcast) and WinAUE (CD 32 and Amiga). Let me know if you want them and I'll drop them in the FTP for you.

With Demul however, it stopped using DX9 in version 5.6 and SweetFX won't work with DX11 and Win 8.1. I got shadders working with it but they look terrible.

I'll go ahead with Demul 5.8 than. I have a modified module that adds a bezel and I created bezels with scaliness. After a few tries, last night I finally created a good set of scanlines that look really close to the real thing. Guess I'll use that instead.

Oh, that's why it isn't working in the 5.8 version... now I understand, thanks! Hope you get it to run at least to see it working.

And I didn't know you could use those shaders with so many emulators. Cool! If you have it available and with an example of configuration so I can see what you see better! I will try them :D

Weird, here it say it works for Direct X 9, 10,11 and Windows 2000 up

here: http://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/sweetfx/2/

Oh, that's why it isn't working in the 5.8 version... now I understand, thanks! Hope you get it to run at least to see it working.

Weird, here it say it works for Direct X 9, 10,11 and Windows 2000 up

here: http://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/sweetfx/2/

It doesn't work with windows 8.1 and DX11. Works fine with 7. Not sure if it ever worked with 8.

• 2 years later...
On 2/26/2015 at 8:05 AM, Styphelus said:

This is a quite old post but interested to ask you if you are using sweetfx with sega model 2? can share?

I use DeMUL for Naomi as well, and never got SweetFX to work with the newer version. I agree with @Styphelus, using either the RL overlay or a bezel with the overlay built in is the way to go. If you need a bezel, let me know and I'm happy to give you mine or whip up something new.

16 hours ago, Styphelus said:

No. No need anymore. I just use the Rocketlauncher CRT overlay with it.

I know how to use Bezel but never tried the CRT overlay thing in RL
Is it under the same settings?

Oh I forget to ask do you mean we do not sweetfx for any systems except SSF.

13 hours ago, griffin518 said:

I use DeMUL for Naomi as well, and never got SweetFX to work with the newer version. I agree with @Styphelus, using either the RL overlay or a bezel with the overlay built in is the way to go. If you need a bezel, let me know and I'm happy to give you mine or whip up something new.

Thanks mate if you share with me. its include the overlays?

Archived